“Excellent value for money”

Ironbridge Gorge Museums
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Ironbridge
More attraction details
Owner description: This scenic area, often used by moviemakers because of its unspoiled, authentic 18th-century architecture, offers several museums that represent a different aspect of Britain's industrial heritage.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We bought an annual ticket because it covered all ten museums and can be used again within the year. I think we visited about five of the museums and all were small and with lots of interesting exhibits. As my great-grandfather was an iron-puddler, I found the Museum of Iron, particularly interesting. I was totally impressed by how much the area has changed over the last sixty years, since the Ironbridge Trust was established. There has been a lot of work involved and it's lovely to see how nature has transformed what was once an industrial area. One regret was that we didn't get to Blists Hill Museum but that's an excuse to go back there!

1  Thank Anne H

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I took a relative from the USA mostly just to fill a couple of hours as I live locally but had not been. It was an excellent visit and I will be going again - much more interesting than I expected.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

A simple small attraction that does a great job of introducing you to the industrial heritage of the area. There's also a timely reminder that severe floods are nothing new! You'll need an hour at most for your visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Worth the trip to see exactly where the industrial revolution started.All the museum sites are worth a visit - get a gorge pass and take it all in on one ticket

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Went to Ironbridge village. The bridge itself if amazing. The village very quaint. Had a lovely walk along the river. Also my husband had a lovely pork pie from Eleys Pork Pie shop there.

1  Thank nermal12