“Since when did bread become so expensive?!!!”

La Casita Bar Tapas
Ranked #15 of 29 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Cuisines: Spanish, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Since when did bread become so expensive?!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Quite tasty, basic tapas. Nice environment. Pleasant staff. However, if you are endeavouring to be authentic with your food/service, rather than charge a quite ridiculous £6 for two tiny plates of bread, why not do as the Spanish do and offer complimentary bread with the meal, and a jug of tap water? It's a nice touch, at barely any expense to you, and the customer may just buy more tapas to eat with it! Same with the Sangria. Why so weak and so much ice that there's barely enough in the jug for a glass each? A Spaniard would be quite ashamed.

Doubt I'll ever return here as I can make much better and adventurous tapas myself at home, while avoiding being so ripped off.

2 Thank Mrs_SmT-C

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Scrummy Tapas won't be our last time at La Casita”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had five dishes and they were all really lovely. Our first visit to Iron Bridge but not our last and defiantly not our last at this really lovely friendly restaurant! MrsMolson

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“A Spanish Evening”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We spotted this restaurant on Trip Advisor and it sounded perfect for a 3 generation dinner. It's a tiny place above another restaurant with an entrance tucked away at the side. We ordered a wide variety of dishes and they were all delicious,
With a vegetarian, two fish eaters and one meat eater, there was something for all of us. A fabulous jug of Sangria accompanied it beautifully. And our Granddaughter even managed a dessert!
A great atmosphere with Spanish music playing. We had booked a table which was just as well as it soon filled up. The prices were good for the quality of the food. I was disappointed that there was no aubergine dish that evening but obviously the menu changes frequently.
This was as good as the many restaurants we have visited on our frequent trips to Spain.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
“wow!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have been here 4 times now and cannot rate this little Spanish Tapas Restaurant highly enough. The ambience & staff are just wonderful, and the food, well - better Tapas than we recently had in Spain!
With offers like 3 Tapas & a glass of wine for £9.95 we will continue to return time & time again and am booking to take my family & friends for my birthday!

• Visited July 2014
Telford, United Kingdom
“First time having Tapas - Loved it!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Took my friends to La Casita when they came to visit me in Telford and we all loved it. It was my first time having tapas and was skeptical that I wouldn't be full enough but it was surprisingly filling. We ended up having 12 dishes between the 3 of us and it was more enough. Most of the dishes were amazing, my favourites were the chorizo, deep fried calamari and also the fried whitebait.

The only criticism I have that some of the dishes were ridiculously salty, we ordered an additional 2 dishes after we finished the first 10, one of them being asparagus and smoked salmon which tasted like someone had accidentally spilt salt all over it, didn't even attempt to finish it...but besides from that the meal was amazing. I've been meaning to go back but haven't gotten round to it yet - will deffo be paying it a visit soon though!

• Visited March 2014