“Nice place for an afternoon tea”
Review of Eighty-Six'd

Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Eighty-Six'd is a small, independently run coffee house located in the beautiful town of Ironbridge. If you are looking for rustic homemade food, a really great cup of coffee and bit of art to feast your eyes on, then Eighty-Six'd might just be the place for you. We are open Wednesday-Sunday from 10am-6pm. We serve lunch from 12pm-3pm. No reservations taken!
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited this restaurant for a cake, coffee, and a read. A local had recommended we have lunch, but sadly, we'd already eaten. The menu looked amazing, and all food is homemade and locally sourced. We had a coffee and walnut cake that tasted just as good as it looked. And the chai tea latte and mocha were so nice, my husband and I even tried one another's - not something we'd typically do at Costa or Starbucks. Well worth the visit for all of these reasons and reasonably priced art and gifts on display.

1  Thank woznlex

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I can only comment on the cake I purchased which was carrot and very impressive according to the person I bought it for and he is fussy about his cake!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've been a few times now, i love the decor, all reclaimed furniture, local artists work on the wall for sale, really friendly staff/owners and the food is delicious. all simple and fresh, the service is spot on, friendly and professional without being intrusive. The cakes are amazing! the hummingbird cake was especially good. this cafe is so good because its just done right, its fantastic. They advertise evening events on Facebook, i hope to come along to one of these soon too.

1  Thank Laurad6848
Reviewed 5 July 2014

All of the excellent reviews on here made my partner and I make a special visit to Ironbridge for a Saturday afternoon coffee and cake.
Eighty-Six'd is situated at some might say the wrong end of town in Ironbridge as it is a little out the way but it definitely worth sniffing out, you really won't be disappointed.
We walked upstairs to find a a two room cafe both set out with a lovely quirky retro decor, there are no menus as I'm led to believe the menu changes daily, there are several chalk boards and you order at the counter.
We ordered a English breakfast tea, a vanilla latte and after much deliberation as everything looked so yummy a slice of lemon drizzle cake, and a slice of cherry frangipane tart with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'm not a coffee fanatic by any stretch of the imagination, but the vanilla latte was quite simply awesome, I have never waxed lyrical over a cup of coffee before but it was absolutely delicious!
The lemon drizzle cake was really nice with a zingy icing, but for me the frangipane tart was the real star of the show a taste sensation with plump juicy cherries a undertone of almond and a lovely short pastry, as a baking fanatic myself I was very impressed, so much so that we took another slice home with us, as well as a magnificent slice of coffee and walnut cake, that was made with the safe wonderful coffee brand served in the shop rather than a bog standard instant.
The owner that served us had a fantastic accent and she told us she was originally from Kentucky USA, the enthusiasm for the food she was serving and the business as a whole was obvious to see and made our visit a really enjoyable experience.
A small menu but when everything is home made is the sort of place I love as everything tends to be done well with good quality ingredients.
Overall could not fault a single thing about eighty-Six'd and can't wait to return to try something from the lunch menu, this should be a blue print for how such establishments should be run.

3  Thank Plainy1977
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This is a shining example for all local businesses to follow. More than just a coffee house. A beacon of hope in an otherwise culturally void part of the country.

1  Thank Bowtrain