“Fabulous Meal”
Review of The Malthouse

The Malthouse
Ranked #6 of 10 Ironbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My husband and I had a lovely meal here not too long ago and found the staff very polite and attentive. Everything was served quickly - the burgers are delicious and very reasonably priced for the portion size. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife and I had a Great meal here.The service was excellent and the atmosphere, very pleasant.The management were brilliant and made you feel really welcome.A good thing to point out is the convenience for visiting Buildwas Abbey just off the A4169 and from the Malthouse your almost right on the banks of the Severn (just over the road).The wife and I would both recommend the place for a meal and it's friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Was in the Pink room and it was very pink but perfectly comfortable. Staff were very friendly. Had lunch in the restaurant which was good. Overall excellent value for money with no complaints at all.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I went for a birthday party with my family. We were seated straight away by the friendly waiting staff. The food was served very quickly and tasted great. I will definitely be returning and recommending to friends.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week hubby working and I was his driver I can't fault this hotel the staff and owner were very nice indeed we will be back very soon thank you for a great stay and food was fab from Ellis and Karen McGill

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Malthouse. A very warm welcome although there had been a booking mix up. We had booked a 2 bed cottage next door but had been allocated the 2 bed/ 2 bath penthouse instead. This suited our needs and was very comfortable. A large room divided into lounge, dining and well fitted kitchen. One double bedroom with bathroom opposite and on the mezzanine level, a further double and en suite. We would have preferred the cottage second bedroom with twin beds but having 2 bathrooms was excellent. We had a lovely view of the river from a Juliet balcony. Everything was very clean.
The bathrooms gave us our main problem however. NO SHOWER. Both baths were freestanding and one had a shower attachment. It would be so much better to take out one bath and replace it with a shower cubicle. Or at least put a wall fixed shower above the downstairs bath with a shower curtain.
The only other downside was that it was very warm on the mezzanine level and not very dark due to the windows below. But the accommodation was very spacious for 4 people.
There is parking and you are welcome to leave the car after check out so you can spend the last day sightseeing. It is easy to do the Ironbridge museums on foot and local bus.
We had breakfast which was cooked to order with cereals and juice available also. The poached eggs were excellent.
It was very pleasant to sit outside the hotel with a drink after all our sightseeing. It has a lovely view of the river and the fairly light traffic isn't intrusive. There is live music at the weekends so could be considerably noisier than our midweek visit.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The penthouse has a river view and sleeps 4. Also a 2 bed cottage sleeping 4.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here a while ago on business. The room was clean and spacious but the problem was with breakfast. The place is not set up to cater for more than maybe three people. I was one of a few who had to wait what seemed an age for breakfast. Nobody took my order for 15 mins.When I got fed up waiting, I walked up to the bar and found the waitress playing on her mobile phone in the back which really annoyed me. I then had to wait a further 20 mins to be served. One other guest almost got up to leave and was clearly very agitated. I've requested that my company don't book me in here again.

Room Tip: Only go if your a student!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business