Open today: 09:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Recommended

My wife and I were on honeymoon in Shropshire and located Ironbridge nearby with canoeing as an... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Companion811857
Amazing experience

We had just arrived in ironbridge and began to walk down the side of the river when we started to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Shannon987987

Recommended experiences in and around Ironbridge
from US$996.46
More Info
All reviews the river canadian canoe recommend this trip great trip safety briefing life jackets safety talk be booking again amazing experience great fun enjoyable trip beautiful scenery iron bridge local area great value for money visiting the area great family day
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2019

Having seen a few other people on the river we knew we wanted to have a go, so my husband and my adult daughter joined me for a 2 hour trip at Ironbridge Gorge. We hired a Canadian canoe (known as Big Daddy) and had loads of space for the three of us. The weather was a little drizzly but the staff were very helpful and friendly. All equipment was in excellent condition. Would definitely recommend Shropshire Raft Tours.

1  Thank Sheila-Spt
shropshirer, Owner at Shropshire Raft Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2019

Hi Sheila

Thank you for your great review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your canoe trip on the river, despite the rain, and would recommend us to others. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 September 2019

We booked a lovely trip on the raft going along & under the bridge - our guide was very knowledgeable about the area and had some funny stories from trips he had done and the whole thing was lovely & relaxing and we were sad it was over so quickly.

1  Thank EmmaWilco11

Hi Emma

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your raft trip with us hearing about the history of the area and the funny anecdotes from your guide. Hope you come back and see us again.

Reviewed 15 September 2019

We were just in the right place at right time, granddaughter spotted boats and wanted to get in them she only 3yrs, had a lovely trip down river and a talk about the river. The staff was very friendly and would certainly do it again and recommend to others.

1  Thank jgriffiths68
shropshirer, Owner at Shropshire Raft Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2019

Hi

Thank you for your great review. I'm so pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your time on the river with us and we hope you come back and see us again.

Reviewed 13 September 2019

The only day we could hire a boat was Monday, the owners' day off. This didn't deter them from giving up their time to deliver a boat and then stick around for the 2 hours we spent paddling on the Severn.
The owners are friendly and welcoming with lots of local knowledge and advice. I also took a look at their bikes and, while we didn't hire them on this occasion, I wouldn't hesitate to do so as, to my expert eye, they were of good quality and well maintained.
If you want a different way to see the gorge and the bridge I cannot recommend this outfit more highly.

1  Thank Michael P

Hi Michael

Thank you for your great review. We are always happy to book people in for our activities as long as we have notice to have the staff available and I'm glad you enjoyed canoeing the Severn and seeing the bridge from a totally different perspective. We look forward to seeing you again if you decide to come back.

Reviewed 10 September 2019

Fantastic half day rafting down the beautiful River Severn. Really helpful and knowledgeable staff - a pleasure to meet. Everything was seamless from booking to being taken to the launch location and collection. Thankyou for making my birthday so special.

1  Thank Dennylan

Hi

Thank you for such a great review. I'm really pleased you all enjoyed your time rafting down the river and it's great that you found the whole booking process easy. We hope you had a fantastic birthday!