“Lovely food”
Review of Chez Maw

Chez Maw
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Maw is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Ironbridge
Price range: US$20 - US$41
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With a sunny light-filled dining room and two AA Rosettes, Chez Maw restaurant in Shropshire is guaranteed to impress even the most fanatical foodies. Located in Ironbridge near Telford, Chez Maw enjoys picturesque views looking out over the parklands, gardens and the River Severn - ideal for post-dining strolls - and the understated dining room has been recently refurbished in a chic palette of vanilla and blonde wood. The restaurant has a brilliant modern British menu, and we love the pressed Wenlock Edge ham hock and parsley terrine with red cabbage and apple puree; the fillet of Welsh Black beef cooked in a shallot marinade served with potato fondant, buttered spinach and a poached egg; and the mocha panna cotta.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This restaurant was very nice. was an anniversary meal for myself and my husband

Food was served in a reasonable time though there was a few people in the restaurant.

Servers were lovely too, the one lad even got one of the world cup results for my husband (football widow even on our anniversary!)

Only criticism was that the restaurant needs air con! I was melting at one point

Would return though

There are newer reviews for Chez Maw

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Best Western Hotels are known for their cuisine and this one is exceptional. Dining in the perfect atmosphere and surroundings of a wealthy business man who lived in the heart of the industrial revolution is indeed special. The food is superb and I could not fault the service. My visit was a recce and the 55 persons that followed were also impressed.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We returned to The Valley's Chez Maw restaurant to celebrate our anniversary six years after we celebrated our marriage there and everything about it was as perfect as our wedding day.
The food is excellent and the standard and personal service is brilliant. We enjoyed pre dinner drinks on the terrace in the evening sun and then enjoyed a three course meal before enjoying coffee in the bar area. I love the fact that despite the fact they had an anniversary party in, a wedding and a full restaurant the romance and intimacy isn't lost as all parties are kept separate. Well done to all at The Valley and the fact we saw many familiar staff faces from our wedding day shows that they obviously keep hold of their staff. Roll on anniversary number 7!

1  Thank Kirsty_Smallman
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I was taken here for my birthday meal by my boyfriend. When we arrived we were greeted with some wine and then sat down with menus and complimentary canopies to enjoy while we perused the menu. When the food arrived it was presented beautifully as tasted as good as it looked. The staff were exceptional and the service what of the highest standard with them paying attention to the small details that are very often missed.
My personal highlight was the cheeseboard, as a cheese lover I was delighted to see Stilton, Shropshire blue, applewood, cheddar and Brie all accompanied by a glass of port.
I would highly recommend this restaurant as I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1  Thank Joyeliza
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We had a superb meal served by efficient and friendly staff worthy of a top restaurant, starters we chose a Terrine followed by the special of the day the Pork tenderloin, very reasonably priced with good views over the hotel gardens. Only minor criticism is some of the decor which is a bit of a throw back to the eighties. will certainly recommend

1  Thank JohnBHindolveston