“Wonderful find!”

Olive Branch
Ranked #30 of 91 Restaurants in Ludlow
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Daytime counter service. Open Weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Open 9.30 until 4.00 Breakfasts from 9.00 until 11.00 Vegetarian,vegan,gluten free, meat and fish options. Licensed
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful meal at this excellent restaurant. The staff were helpful and welcoming and the food was first class! We hope to return when we are next in Ludlow.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Great food, very reasonable price, great service, the best meal I had all week in Ludlow.

Highly recommend

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Myself and my family visited The Olive Branch on a sunday afternoon in August. The kids were on their summer holidays so thought a day out to Ludlow would be a good idea because we've had a lot of recomendations from friends to visit. We spotted this restaurant and thought it looked suitable for the whole family so decided to go in. Wish we didn't though. The only good thing about our visit was the service. We went in at their busy time and the queue was quite long, it didn't take the girls long to get to us though, and by this we were pleasantly surprised! The food was average, nothing much for children except toasted sandwiches which seemed to take ages as there was about 4 orders of toasties before ours. They seem to waste our time and the girls serving. Myself and my husband had the Persian Chicken which was ok. Chicken was quite dry but the sauce was alright. We had this with the minted new potatoes which was also alright, and the cous cous which was actually quite tasty. We were shocked when the bill came, £48!!! We had 2 meals, 2 toasties, 4 drinks and 4 puddings. Puddings priced at £3.90 for a slice of cake is ridiculous! The atmosphere was dull, CD player must have been broken as the CD kept jumping and stopping. We spotted a hole in the floor which we could see the celler through, bit of a turn off. When I went to the toilet, I accidently came down the wrong stairs, and when I got down to what I presume was the wash up are, the floor looked grubby and dirty. When leaving the restaurant the girls smiled at us and politely said "Thank you, have a nice day" which was a lovely touch to a rather disappointing meal out... :(

oliveoil_9, Owner at Olive Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

lovely old grade II listed building

Reviewed 9 July 2011

We have fond memories of delicious food being served on our previous visits to The Olive Branch in Ludlow..
Alas the meal we had this week was very mediocre and the service was dreadful.
We started with smoked salmon and cream cheese and this was quite nice. However our plates were still in front of us and the food still in our mouths when our main course was plonked down in front of us. I had the nut roast with a red onion gravy, whoever made the gravy should be sacked, it was stodgy and tasteless. The carrots on my plate were so hard that I couldn't put my fork in them. If you are stir frying veg they all need to be cut to the same size. A bowl of salad was served and the lettuce had seen better days.
We were given the window seat and spent all our time wafting large flies away from us.
In the grand scheme of things it was not expensive but for the quality of food and service £43 was way too much.
We were offered a complimentary sweet but had had enough of the food. We did get a complimentary coffee.
This restaurant has changed hands since we last ate here. We will not be going back.

oliveoil_9, Owner at Olive Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

An apology was offered for the new, young waiter bringing your main course too early. We are sorry that this and the complimentary drinks offered was not good enough.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

We often go to the Olive Branch for a shared lunch of their main and two salads which absolutely fills us both up and is very good value for money at about £5 each including a drink. The vegetarian and vegan choices seem great - although we aren't veggies we still always go for their veggie options - something for everyone here. The tastes in the salads are subtle rather than drenched with greasy dressings. I'd like to buy a book of their recipes if it exists.

1  Thank Spohrer