“This chef can really cook”
Review of Parkway Restaurant

Parkway Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 89 Restaurants in Ludlow
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern British and continental Restaurant, Wine Bar and Coffee house.
scotland
“This chef can really cook”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

If it is quality cuisine you seek this is a fine choice. Reasonably priced , cosy and welcoming the Parkway is a super bistro/restaurant. Ok the tapas menu for starters could be updated but there is nothing lacking in the chicken main or perfectly cooked sirloin steak. Well patronised by the Ludlow cognoscenti who recognise superb value and Dean Banner's ability. Service is friendly and efficient. Carafe wine represents excellent value.
Miss this establishment at your peril !

“Great experience.”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My partner and I visited Ludlow for a short break in December and were really pleased that we had picked to eat at the parkway. To start we had tapas and complimentary soup. The chorizo onion and red wine tapas was really special so would highly reccomend. We then went on to have steak for main and the sauce was the best I have ever tasted. Only criticism of the food was that I had seafood fritters as one of our tapas dishes and didnt feel that there was enough variation in the type of seafood and they were too heavily battered. The service was extreme friendly and helpful. If we were ever in Ludlow again we would definitely be back.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Tasty”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Ate here during the food festival weekend. Had a good range of interesting tapas style dishes. Service was good. Food interesting and tasty.

• Visited September 2012
Shropshire
“Best food in Ludlow and surrounding area!”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I recently ate in Parkway restaurant. We arrived earlier than our booking as it was a vile night and we just wanted to get indoors. Mrs Banner who is front of house was only just opening up but we were met with a smile and a friendly greeting- our table was laid and the menu's were in place, we were offered a drink immediately.(French pantry owners- this is how to do it!) The atmosphere was warm, friendly and welcoming, the decor clean, light and smart.

We were served complimentary soup whilst we waited for our main course- this was absolutely delicious. The main course- what a superb meal. The saddle of lamb was beautifully presented, perfectly cooked, tender and tasty on a bed of probably 7 or 8 different fresh baby veg. The rosemary and garlic jus made me want to pick the plate up and lick it. My companion and I ate our main course in total silence apart from murmurs of pleasure
The homemade cherry cheesecake served with cherry ripple ice cream- sublime. A glass of red wine and a perfect cappucino completed an absolutely lovely meal.

The restaurant has been criticised in a previous review for being more like a lunchtime cafe- it is ALSO a brilliant lunchtime venue but I cannot see how that spoils anything - I am looking for amazing food, not pretty furnishings. The food cannot be beaten, if there is ANYTHING not to your liking e.g. the music - it will be dealt with, I have heard people ask for the music to be turned down and it has been so perhaps the person in a previous review should have tried simply asking before complaining on this site.
Personally I like a little background music so that my friend and I can talk without being overheard!
If you are looking for friendly, individual attention, helpful and obliging service, freshly cooked beautifully presented tasty seasonal food this is the place for you. Even the bill will be a pleasant surprise compared to some of the other restaurants in the area - we paid just over £25 each for main course, dessert, drink and coffee and I would happily have paid more. You will not be disappointed.
As we left, we asked each other- 'Why do we ever eat anywhere else, as this simply cannot be bettered in any way ?'
I eat out regularly and do not think you will find nicer food for miles.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Best place for miles around”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I can't understand why this is not No.1 for restaurants in Ludlow, but maybe that's a fault with this site which seems to include everything from cafes to fine dining in the same category.

My friend and I have just enjoyed some of the best food we've eaten. Although we arrived a little early the greeting on arrival was friendly (French Pantry take note!) and that set the tone for the evening. We chose the chicken and lamb dishes and while we were waiting were given complimentary servings of a delicious soup with some lovely bread, very tasty. When the main courses arrived they were well presented and tasted just as good as they looked, both had a wonderful selection of seasonal vegetables, everything was freshly cooked and the sauces made us both want to lick the plates!

For desserts we had a warm chocolate pudding and a cherry cheesecake, again both were well presented and once again both plates were cleaned.

It was a really wet and cold night and there were only 2 other diners, but even when they left we were not rushed out so that they could close, in fact Mrs Banner spent quite some time talking to us - and for the person below who commented on the music, all you had to do was ask, as one of the other diners did, and it was happily turned down.

Dean does all the cooking personally and takes great pride in it - and it shows. His wife is front of house and is very approachable and friendly and I always feel that this makes such a difference to the enjoyment of a meal.

I would happily recommend this restaurant to anyone, do give it a try, if you like good quality food, cooked with passion then you won't be disappointed.