“Was I at the same Parkway - we did wonder?!”
Review of Parkway Restaurant

Parkway Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 91 Restaurants in Ludlow
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Modern British and continental Restaurant, Wine Bar and Coffee house.
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Before visiting Ludlow for the food festival I used trip advisor as a guide as to where we should try and eat, we narrowed it down to the Mail Room and the Parkway. We first booked the Mail Room then cancelled, perhaps a big mistake?
We ordered our food and it was actually okay, not outstanding and not poor just okay, but what put me off more than anything was the one dirty loo, the filthy handrail and stair carpet to the loo and the mini stereo system on the top stair which was covered in grease, dirt and dust, why didn't we do the Mail Room which we looked into afterwards and it at least looked really clean in comparison. Cant see how most of the previous reviews can be so wrong. We did notice however in their front window that there was a big sign saying "Business under offer" so maybe they have just lost heart?? Very very disappointing sadly.

2  Thank macswan
There are newer reviews for Parkway Restaurant

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Encouraged by fantastic reviews we ate here for the first time recently. I'm sorry to say that the restaurant failed to live up to expectations; the staff were friendly and the restaurant was pleasant enough in appearance and atmosphere, and the wine list was good, but the food was sadly lacking in flavour and there was simply no wow-factor. The overall experience was not helped by wafts of what smelt like toilet cleaner or very cheap perfume, but the regularity of those wafts led me to think that they must have been using an air-freshener device...why? When taste is so closely linked to smell, I can't imagine why anyone would use one of those in a restaurant. I want to be tempted by rich, garlicky aromas and other delightful smells, not artificial unpleasant ones. A return visit is unlikely.

1  Thank Cardvarnish
Reviewed 6 August 2013

A wet August Monday lunchtime in Ludlow. I had three places on my list, but since two were closed on Mondays it made our decision very easy. And I'm so pleased we chose Parkway. The food is really excellent. My starter of pork meatballs in a coconut and curry sauce was so good I asked for the recipe! I then had local Ludlow sausages with mash, vegetables and onion gravy. Such a dish can conjure up a myriad of possibilities, but here the sausages were top quality (but I knew that before I started), the mash had some paprika in it to add a little extra flavour, the vegetables still had a bite to them and were a couple of asparagus spears, a floret of cauliflower, a floret of broccoli and a few carrots. The excellent onion gravy finished off the dish perfectly. These two courses were £9.95 - a bargain. My other half had the three tapas for £7.95, (1) a mixture of bread, olives and chilli oil with a balsamic reduction, (2) prawns and tomatoes and (3) butter beans. "We're coming again," was her reaction. Well done to all concerned.

1  Thank Nemo448
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Difficult to find off Corve Street but well worth the effort. We went twice it was so good - lovely tapas all cooked fresh to order and really delicious. Nice outside dining area for hot nights. Run by really charming people - I wanted a glass of something sparkling (not water - alcoholic variety) before my dinner. they did not have any by the glass but said if I popped to the Co-op just round the corner I could have aglass of that and no corkage! Amazing and very impressive. We loved it

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Nice small little restaurant and very quiet for a Tuesday night interesting menu with a large range of tapas style starters to choose me and friends all choose 2 each mixing from frogs legs, chorizo and whitebait. The mains were fairly limited if I remember there were only 4 options and again only a small selection of deserts although they did boast a lot about there delicious local ice creams! The food was all in all ok and the lady serving us was more than helpful. 3 of us with 3 courses plus bread and olives, 2 bottles of wine and drinks came to £150

1  Thank whitby_rob