“Sunday supper”

The Charlton Arms Terrace Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Charlton Arms Terrace Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 91 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$15 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Sunday supper”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

the Charlton Arms had been recommended and six of us went along for an early evening supper. 4 x fish and chips and two had the roast pork. All delicious.

• Visited March 2014

“Superb quality and price at lovely location”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My son and I called in on a Saturday evening and although fully booked in the main restaurants were offered a table in the terrace area upstairs which we gladly accepted.
The friendly staff and excellent service complimented the quality of the food. The various menu choices were different to the bland run of the mill and value for money being an understatement. We both had the leek potato and truffle oil soup, a snip at £5 per head. I asked about the texture and flavour of the Ox Cheeks (as I had never had them before ) and the waiter was spot on as the flavour was rich and I enjoyed the combination of flavours that it came with - spinach, egg and mushrooms in a bourguignon sauce. My sons wild mushroom ravioli at £11 was to quote 'delicious and creamy'.
Will be going again in the daytime to enjoy the river views and definitely recommend to friends.

Brinklow
“Lovely location by the River Teme”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Spectacular outside terrace overlooking the river
Great quality food and interesting choice and pleasant and helpful staff
Car park is small could be tight if very busy we fitted in ok
I don't know whether they have any auxiliary space

Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Still not impressed”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

First had Sunday lunch here about 6 months ago. Now it's under new management we thought we'd try it again . Unfortunately we're still not impressed. My roast beef was nice and pink and quite thinly cut, just the way it should be and I was looking forward to tucking in. However, the meat was completely tasteless. The red cabbage was OK. The purple broccoli still had all it's leaves attached and was tough and undercooked. The new potatoes were boiled in their skins then partially roasted so they too were tough rather that crispy, even the French beans weren't properly trimmed and again a bit on the chewy side. The roast parsnips weren't trimmed and not properly roasted so they were soggy. My husbands seafood linguini had bits of unshelled langoustines in it so he had to sort through the sauce with his fingers to remove the shells and the pasta was a bit stuck together in lumps. I had the chocolate ice cream Sunday, which was very good but difficult to eat because it was served in a glass which was too small for the desert spoons and with no plate underneath, the table got a bit messy. Finally, the service would have been OK if the waitress hadn't virtually thrown the food at us. I really don't like my food just plonked down in front of me with no courtesy whatsoever. At £18 a head for 2 courses, we won't be going back.

London
“great addition to Ludlow food scene”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Went for lunch with friends. The service was great, the food very tasty and plentiful....far better than average gastro pub food....great views from the dining room over the river teme. The fact that it was a Wednesday lunch didnt stop customers from coming...in fact it was full.
What a great addition to the Ludlow food scene!