“So Rude”

Add it.
Overton Grange Hotel Spa & Pool
Ranked #2 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Ludlow
More attraction details
Owner description: 14 Bedrooms Country Hotel & Restaurant. Conference Weddings Private Functions Meetings Group Booking
Farlow, null, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“So Rude”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The following event happened mid july. Despite raising the issue on the day plus the following day and then in writing Nothing has been addressed AT ALL. VERY disappointed here is the gist of what happened

Mid July myself and two friends visited the establishment, Overton Grange, in hope for a relaxing swim and lunch/refreshments afterwards. Initial impression was fantastic an amazing setting. Therefore, I was under the expectation that this was going to be an excellent day. That morning both myself and a friend called to check that swimming there was available plus informed staff that young babies were coming too. Once there we were all impressed by the look of the pool and changing facilities. I was the first to enter the pool the water felt very cold I questioned if it was the temperature of the water or as it was warm out of the pool was it just the initial feel. Both friends agreed and one went to ask for pool temp as none of us were happy to put babies in a cold pool A member of staff stated they would find out and inform us. We sat for fifteen minutes on the side of the pool awaiting someone to inform us of temperature and no one came. We all then decide to redress and have refreshments instead.
Once out and seated, my friend attempted to speak to the only staff member available, regarding the above issue and asked if it was possible for a refund seeing we did not use the pool. The staff member was very unhelpful basically stating he was left in charge but was unable to resolve the issue. With the lack of an adequate response my friend requested to speak with the manager (anyone who could help us). Seeing that my friend was getting nowhere with her query I spoke to the staff member regarding how to contact someone more senior. The gentleman informed me he wasn’t able to give me that information.He then and this is totally unacceptable behaviour. He called my friend ‘ANNOYING’. We all acknowledged that it was most likely a miscommunication when exchanging shifts and we just wanted to be reimburse for not swimming. We even suggested coming another time instead. To end this complete lack of respect and inability to work in hospitality sector he then walked off leaving nothing answered and no further way to resolve this situation.
I was and am still mortified, I was so dumbfounded by this rude behaviour that I then contacted via the telephone, another hotel in the same ownership, for some assistance hoping my concerns would be addressed, unfortunately so far I have not heard anything.

And still to this Day I have heard NOTHING. My requests were simple to solve. I feel they were at least. I requested that my friend has an apology for the manner she was spoken too. I also believe that we are all entitled to a refund for not actually swimming. NOTHING

HOW RUDE

14 Thank 307Thomas

Ludlow, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“unbelievably poor customer service”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Paid for three months membership of the spa so I could swim 3/4 times per week at leisure in lovely surroundings. As the days went by the pool got colder and colder. The shower was cold at times and once didn't work at all. Staff informed us there was a problem and it was to be fixed.
After a week, we went back to find the pool temperature was colder still, although the shower was working perfectly.
We constantly asked about the pool temperature and found it impossible to speak to the manager/owner ( not sure what he/she was because he/she was never around).

The staff were helpful and I felt embarrassed for them as even paying guests at the hotel refused to get in the pool after getting changed only to find it too cold . ( Believe me it was freezing).

Wrote a letter to the manager/owner leaving contact numbers, email addresses but got nothing back.

It leaves us to think that the hotel is under some sort of financial strain if they clearly can't cater for their guests/members needs. It clearly shouts out that customers don't matter.

Well, what is the point of having a lovely pool area with nobody wanting to use it.

Wondered why we never saw many guests in there, word gets around obviously and judging by other comments I have read, people are going away from here disappointed and telling everyone.

Well, I believe attitude is everything, and clearly with an attitude like this manager/owner, he/she will never be bothered about customer service.

Visited May 2014
10 Thank LAW1955
shropshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“poor spa facilities”
Reviewed 11 July 2010

we booked for a hen party, we found the facilities to be disapointing, pool cold, no towels offered, lack of seating around the pool, no lights in the changing area, treatments offered were rushed and not relaxing. No drinks available after massage treatments or in the spa ! area.; when aproached manager of hotel to discuss our disapointment ,rfound to be rude and unhelpful. Cannot comment on the actual hotel facilities, but certainly would not recommend the spa.

14 Thank jazznjet
OvertonGrange, Manager at Overton Grange Hotel Spa & Pool, responded to this review, 12 July 2010
The Hotel offers Spa facilities to Guests and Non-Residents, and to small group not exceeding 8 guests and by appointment only. On this occasion, the group consisted of 14 ladies and all were provided with complimentary Bath Robes and complimenaty access to the Pool and Sauna, with basic treatments being available in turn and lunch included at a very competitive rate and offered excellent value for money, given the budget available...We found the experience rather daunting for staff and residents who had to endure this "ordeal" and we have made the decision not to repeat this excercise for the confort of our guests and the reputation of our establishment ...