“Perfect....”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Daytime, modern British café, interesting lunches, cakes and hot drinks, everything made on site apart from bread and jam.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Best coffee and cake ever and on s sunny day the perfect location. Cant wait to go back to relax again.
Staff friendly and very helpful

1  Thank ncokey

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a coffee as we had just arrived in Ludlow. I knew it would be a good choice as I'd seen the reviews on trip. It was a lovely day so we got to enjoy the views sat outside in the sunshine. My hot chocolate was scrummy and the big marshmallow on the side was a lovely touch! Because we had already had lunch we purposefully went back before heading home to get cake to take away with us as it looked great however I was disappointed to be told cake to take away wasn't allowed. For such a nice establishment I found it disappointing they were so un accommodating for such a small request.

1  Thank Revolutionbekki82
Reviewed 3 May 2014

In a great location next to the weir it was fortunate the weather was dry, if a little cold as this enabled us to sit outside otherwise we could have had a very long wait or gone elsewhere. We had been recommended by friends to visit and we now understand why. The food was wonderful and service quick and efficient even though the inside was a little cramped. We will certainly be returning when next in the area and would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

It's rare that my day's off coincide with days that the Green Cafe is open for lunch - but Easter Sunday was one such day. I had celeriac soup with hazelnuts followed by squid (and ink) risotto and a mug of hot rhubarb and blood orange cordial. All of which hit the mark beautifully - the soup was one of those bowls that reminds you how good soup can be, the risotto was perfect, dark, sticky and dramatic. I've never had a plate (or bowl) of food at the Green Cafe that has been less than great., I've always found the service charming, attentive, knowledgable and well pitched. If you're in any doubt about whether the Green Cafe is somewhere you will like have a look at their website and see the listings about what they are cooking at the moment. If that list floats your boat you'll have a great experience; if it leaves you pining for a full English you'll be better off somewhere else in town.

3  Thank adam w
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I live just outside Ludlow and make for the Green Café on a regular basis. Its position next to the Dinham Bridge, below the Castle and overlooking the river and the weir, make it very popular, so sometimes a short wait is necessary. If you've time constraints its well worth giving them a call and making a reservation, but don't leave it too late.

If you're outside and its cold, then the staff will often bring a small hot water bottle and a cushion to make things as comfortable as they can. Dogs are welcome outside and there's always a bowl of water available for them.

The Hot Chocolate drinks all come with home made marshmallows which are huge and entirely delicious. The meals are substantial, and delicious, while the cakes, sourdough toast etc. are great value. The house Lemon Polenta Cake is a very popular choice for all the right reasons! They don't do fry ups or bacon butties etc. but the pasta dishes especially are good.

I'd happily recommend you give the Green Café a chance!