“Not to be missed”

The Feathers at Ludlow
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Ludlow
Reviewed 3 November 2013

A really charming hotel in a fantastic location to explore the lovely town of Ludlow.Our room was pretty average but had everything you needed,plenty of choice at breakfast and every member of staff were pleasant and helpful.I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wendy B

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed here in March on a five day coach trip, and loved it so much I have just come back from another one. It truly is an exceptional building.
I had a single room at the front last time which I loved, but I thought I would treat myself this time, and had a luxury one at the back. I went wow when I opened the door. A very big bedroom with a double bed, and my bathroom was big as well, with a walk in shower and spa bath.
It was well furnished and I spent a lot of hours relaxing in there. The staff are just so nice and helpful and always smiling, and sitting in front of a fire on our last night with a large glass of wine, I thought what could be better.
When we left the hotel I bought a book there all about the history of it for £10.00 which I shall enjoy reading. If you want to get away and want something with character, this is the place to go, and I find the people in Ludlow so easy going and friendly, its a place you could just keep going back to, so thanks again to all at The Feathers!

Room Tip: I think staying in any room here is just fantastic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank timothyNorfolk
Reviewed 25 October 2013

A super hotel which oozed with history. Excellent friendly staff. A really big room at the back on second floor overlooking the car park. Very quiet, with a large modern ensuite. Food very good. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay and intend to return.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated right in the centre of Ludlow so ask for a room at the back for a peaceful nig...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank sylvia m
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We spent 4 nights here on a coach trip to Ludlow.
The building is very historic, and you accept the sloping and creaking floors as part of its character. We had a bedroom at the back, overlooking the car park in the modern part of the hotel. It was spacious and clean and the only drawbacks were that the wifi did not reach to the room, and that at 6am one morning deliveries were noisily made outside.
However the front facing rooms overlooked the main street so were equally noisy.
Reception and restaurant staff were young and enthusiastic and delivered an excellent service. As a coach party we were offered a limited menu but the food was good.
The hotel is well situated to walk round Ludlow town centre which is a very lovely historic and interesting area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bosswoman16
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have just returned after spending two nights at the Feathers Hotel, Ludlow. The hotel is fantastic with lovely rooms, delicious food and excellent staff. We had a standard room for one night and received a free up-grade to a four poster for the second night which was a lovely surprise. Both rooms were very comfortable but the the four poster room was something special. The food was delicious and there were some lovely additional courses to complement the main meal. The staff are a credit to the hotel and were thoroughly professional on all occasions. They took a genuine interest in their guests and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is centrally located for the town and was very convient for our journey by rail. I would thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My sister and I stayed last week for a special birthday and girly couple of days. The staff could not have been more helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable. The food was great and the rooms were lovely - clean and well appointed. I last stayed here over 20 years ago and it still takes your breath away when you see the history in it.
Thanks to all the staff for making our stay great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank CrownPuncknowle
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We booked a meal at The Feathers to celebrate our 41st wedding anniversary as we don't often go to such "posh" restaurants and have passed but never stopped at this beautiful hotel before. We were stopping nearby in our motorhome and arrived at 7.45pm for a two course evening meal. The food was very nice but the dining room lacked atmosphere and the décor was uninspiring. The were 3 or 4 other tables, all seemingly occupied by guests staying overnight, and conversation on all was hushed and stilted. Coffee was in the upstairs panelled room which was much more atmospheric but I can't see us repeating our visit.

Room Tip: When we came out there was a drunk staggering out of the pub directly opposite so I'd suggest a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple