The Feathers at Ludlow
Elm Lodge(Ludlow)
US$120
US$116
Travelocity
Travelodge Ludlow Hotel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
1,182 results
All reviewsfour poster bedcoach tripjacuzzi bathhistoric hotelcar parksecret escapes dealwriting roomcoach partylovely old hotelfirst floorold buildingpublic roomscreaking floorboardsa bit tiredbeautiful buildinghuge roomsteeped in history
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I popped in last November tipple myot of late lunch.
The large breasted fire in the snug was burning fiercely and we sat ourselves down on a very large and comfortable lounge.
It was fairly busy with the generally older clientèle and we ordered a drink before looking through the menu.
We were a little dissatisfied with the prices asked for simple sandwiches cuch as tuna and cucumber or salmon and cream cheese so we decided to give it a miss.
The menus were the old clear plastic folder versions with the faux leather and to be honest the sheet of A4 had seen better days and lets face it, how easy is it to print off a new one for 2 pence.
On a whole my wife and I enjoyed the tipple in a tudor building with the roaring fire keeping us snug.
Unfortunately the character is skin deep and the place needs a slight rejig to shape it into the future which of course should be in the past! Oldy worldy and stick to it we say.
Worth a look! 7/10

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Justin H
Reviewed 28 June 2014

From the outside, you expect that you are going to somewhere special, and the inside of the old building is a little magical.

Despite being on an Amazon local deal, which meant it was reasonable value, somehow it just did not meet my expectations.

The room was a little cramped, even though the bed was comfortable, and the facilities were OK.

Breakfast was tasty, but in Ludlow, what else would you expect.

I am unlikely to stay there again, and, unless for novelty value, find it hard to say for you to go there, but nor would I tell you not too either.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cwyfan
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I rarely give 5 out of 5, as in most cases there is always room for some improvement. However I could not fault this hotel. The staff were a delight and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was very good with plenty of choice, in fact the portions were usually too large for me. I travelled with a coach party and everyone was full of praise for this hotel. The main praise has to be reserved for the property itself. Originally 16th century it has maintained it character both inside and out and the owners have kept in good condition. The hotel is within easy access of the market, church and castle. Also the river if you can cope with the steep hill.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank oapcameraman
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A beautiful hotel full of character. Even though a very old building the bedrooms and restaurant was modern and well decorated. The bedroom was very clean and the furnishings were lovely. The range of toiletries in the bathroom were great. The food was delicious and plentiful. The only downside would be if you were not very mobile as the corridors are narrow and the floors very uneven (as to be expected in a building of this age). There are plenty of rooms in which you can go to just sit and relax.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel may be a little quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank firework05
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I travelled here with some of my friends for a ghost hunt - unfortuantely there where no ghosts but its a nice old hotel - our rooms where decent - bit tired looking- floor was uneven so a bit odd after a few glasses of wine. Our room was on the main road opposite a very noisey pub which was a bit annoying. The food was lovely and the chunky chips where delicous! The staff wher friendly and informative and we loved Ludlow - very pretty - will definalty return

Room Tip: Not 211 or 213 as they are opposite the noisey pub
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends