“Lovely B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Broadgate B&B

Broadgate B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludlow
Broadgate B&B
Ranked #37 of 48 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely B&B”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at Broadgate last Saturday night and had booked both rooms so had the whole house to ourselves, this suited us really well as we were meeting up with old friends and it was so nice to be able to sit around in the kitchen and lounge catching up. Lyn met us with the key and she could not been more friendly and welcoming. We asked if we could cook our own breakfast (as this meant we could have as long a lie in as we liked on Sunday morning) and she stocked up the fridge with good quality bacon, sausage, eggs etc. Broadgate is in an excellent location, very near all that Ludlow has to offer. We had a lovely time wandering around the shops and pubs and then ate at the pub just over the bridge in the evening (can't remember the name) it was a nice meal and the service was very good. We had the carvery at The Wheatsheaf on Sunday and it was really good and excellent value for money. We are planning to go back to Ludlow next year and will certainly be booking to stay at Broadgate again. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Liskeard, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I, and also my mother, stayed at Broadgate B & B last weekend and it couldn't have been better. Chris was unable to meet us but had arranged for Lin to be there when we arrived. The bedrooms and bathrooms were beautiful and the beds very comfortable. We opted to cook our own breakfast as we thought this would be more relaxing and we could eat when we wanted. We gave Lin a list of our requirements and she brought them round for us to use when we wanted. The sausage and bacon were delicious! The kitchen had all we needed and was to a high standard. Lower Broadgate is a very pretty road and just minutes walk to the shops, numerous restaurants and pubs. I would not hesitate to stay here again but would prefer to share the house with friends or family rather than strangers.

Room Tip: Both rooms are identical but room 1 has a bath and room 2 has a shower.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This property, billed as a Bed and Breakfast was not that in the traditional sense. The owner rents out rooms in a house he owns, and appears in the mornings to cook a rather sparse breakfast at a particular hour, He was somewhat friendly, but seemed to get upset when we were not ready at his appointed hour. He questioned why we used a pan in his kitchen to warm up the food he left congealing in a cold oven. Make sure you bring your own bar soap, shampoo etc. which he does not provide. While the house was clean, and location good, I think it is far better to stay in a classic inn or B & B, of which there are many, with more friendly service, and more character. He also would only take cash, claiming that if he accepted a credit card, they would take 25% as a fee. That actually turned out to be the VAT which he is not paying. This bothered me as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mgochin
BroadgateReview, Owner at Broadgate B&B, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I would say that the vast majority of my reviews would highlight this one as unfair. These Americans had the house to themselves and gave me a time each morning that they would like breakfast cooking for them. each morning I came round and piled up their plates but obviously breakfasts in the states are much bigger! no morning where they ready or even out of bed. I did ask if they would like it later the next morning but they declined. so, with breakfast ready and 3 out of 4 guests still in bed (again) I had no choice other that to put it to warm in the oven, I think he expected me to throw it away and come back again later. when I did come back later I found the sink full of dirty pots and pans that they expected me to clean and dirty underwear on lounge floor: not a pretty sight! think they must have a house keeper back home in the U.S of A! They also snapped a key in the back door because they were using the wrong one and called me round to fix it without thinking of using the spare keys that I left them. I think I confused them by giving them a choice of 2, ive since had to change the lock.
Their friends who stayed in a near-by B&B who had no access to a kitchen took it upon themselves to come around and use my kitchen, their young child had thrown up in the kitchen and stunk the house out and then asked me if I had anyway of cleaning it up!! They used my mobile because they were to tight to use their own and asked me for an itemised bill so they could claim the tax back at the airport. After their unrelenting pursuit to bring the Big Apple to Ludlow, I declined.
Any Americans reading this should note that I have had guests to stay from across the pond and found them lovely, but sadly these did not fly the Stars &Stripes.
Have a nice day y'all
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed for one night at Broadgate and wished we had time to stay longer. I have read that Broad Street is considered by some the finest street in England and I could go with that. We enjoyed walks around the centre of town and popped out on foot for a takeaway following a recommendation from lovely Lynn who was babysitting the property while the owners were away and could not have been a better host. The rooms are super, I slept as well as I would at home. Hope to stay again in the future and will be sending friends and family to Ludlow and Broadgate too!

Room Tip: Room 1 has a bath in the en-suite and room 2 on the top floor has a shower. Both are lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mrsw1108
liverpool
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Just back from a two night stay at Broadgate, loved everything about it,location,comfort,service and friendliness all excellent.Thanks to owner Chris who looked after us so nicely and made us feel at home,lovely freshly cooked breakfast and advice on where to eat and places to visit. Will certainly stay again on any further visits to this beautiful town.Thankyou,Frank and Lynn.

• Stayed June 2013
London
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed in Garth House, in the room shown on the website with the roll top bath. It was wonderful to lie in the bath with a view out over all the trees. The bedroom was a good size, with a sofa, a nice long bed and a very comfy duvet. The room is very peaceful, except for the dawn chorus! If you are not a fan of birdsong as an alarm call at 05.45, you may want to keep the windows closed.
Breakfast is cereal, toast, juice, and a full cooked English with delicious Ludlow sausages and lots of very good French press coffee. Chris and Sonya are really friendly and welcoming; Sonya even rang to check if the Brewery was open on a bank holiday (it was; I recommend the tasting flight of 3 1/3 pints).
The location is perfect, close to everything in town and a reasonable walk to the station (and the Brewery!). I'd also recommend getting a drink at The Church Inn and taking a table in the upstairs room which has an amazing collection of musical instruments and a beautiful view onto the church and the distant hills.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarahnfred
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Well-placed in Lower Broad Street so within walking distance of everywhere in Ludlow yet still very quiet. 3 floor accommodation with small tv lounge and kitchen on ground floor, bed 1 with bathroom (shower over bath) on 1st and bed 2 and bathroom on 2nd. Everything was clean. Bed was comfy as were the pillows. Nice smooth linen on the duvet. Bedroom was 'compact' and there were no toiletries in the bathroom but - hey! - at this price who is complaining? I'm not. Kettle and tea/coffee facilities in room. Gas fire in lounge if it's chilly - which it was so it was most welcome. Chris comes in to make breakfast (arranged on arrival) of full English or continental at the time you wish.
My only criticism is that there is an issue with floorboard noise from upstairs. Luckily the guests on the 2nd floor went to bed when we did and arose at the same time. Otherwise it might be a problem.

Room Tip: Didn't see the other room on 2nd floor but I doubt it makes any difference. But if slightly infi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple