“Good price, good location, good b & b, good host”
Review of Broadgate B&B

Broadgate B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludlow
Broadgate B&B
Ranked #40 of 48 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 2 nights at broadgate for birthday weekend. This place was good value, modern and well kept. Only a couple of bedrooms in the property but the layout, one room per floor, each with its own adjacent bathroom, is actually better than traditional en suite, since we effectively had our own floor to ourselves. Breakfast was lovely and Chris the owner was welcoming and friendly. Some other places in Ludlow seemed to be asking a lot more money per night and, having looked at a few as we wandered round, its difficult to see why. We recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank training68

Reviewed 6 November 2013

So simple!
Great bathrooms,beds and amenities.
Very warm and comfortable.
We even got to cook our own breakfast as we like to do it and relax.
It was local produce and there was lots of it! The bacon was very tasty and the sausages perfectly plain with a hint of black pepper.
A fresh tomato, local mushrooms, local bread,fresh eggs!
All just dropped off! Loved it!
Its a very quirky place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Booked one night stay at short notice to attend function in Ludlow.Found Chris very easy to deal with.Nice to have more than just a bedroom for use as the lounge is also available to guests.Rooms clean and tidy.Chris cooked us a very nice full breakfast for a time that suited us which was served with very good freshly brewed coffee.All in all a good experience and good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We have just had a very enjoyable stay at this property. We had the place to ourselves as the other bedroom was unoccupied (the owners don't live at the property), so it felt more like a house rental than a B&B stay. The bed was really comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and the house was well decorated and clean, and very well located. Chris the owner was friendly and helpful. He turned up in the morning at the time we had requested, to cook us a tasty breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at Broadgate last Saturday night and had booked both rooms so had the whole house to ourselves, this suited us really well as we were meeting up with old friends and it was so nice to be able to sit around in the kitchen and lounge catching up. Lyn met us with the key and she could not been more friendly and welcoming. We asked if we could cook our own breakfast (as this meant we could have as long a lie in as we liked on Sunday morning) and she stocked up the fridge with good quality bacon, sausage, eggs etc. Broadgate is in an excellent location, very near all that Ludlow has to offer. We had a lovely time wandering around the shops and pubs and then ate at the pub just over the bridge in the evening (can't remember the name) it was a nice meal and the service was very good. We had the carvery at The Wheatsheaf on Sunday and it was really good and excellent value for money. We are planning to go back to Ludlow next year and will certainly be booking to stay at Broadgate again. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I, and also my mother, stayed at Broadgate B & B last weekend and it couldn't have been better. Chris was unable to meet us but had arranged for Lin to be there when we arrived. The bedrooms and bathrooms were beautiful and the beds very comfortable. We opted to cook our own breakfast as we thought this would be more relaxing and we could eat when we wanted. We gave Lin a list of our requirements and she brought them round for us to use when we wanted. The sausage and bacon were delicious! The kitchen had all we needed and was to a high standard. Lower Broadgate is a very pretty road and just minutes walk to the shops, numerous restaurants and pubs. I would not hesitate to stay here again but would prefer to share the house with friends or family rather than strangers.

Room Tip: Both rooms are identical but room 1 has a bath and room 2 has a shower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This property, billed as a Bed and Breakfast was not that in the traditional sense. The owner rents out rooms in a house he owns, and appears in the mornings to cook a rather sparse breakfast at a particular hour, He was somewhat friendly, but seemed to get upset when we were not ready at his appointed hour. He questioned why we used a pan in his kitchen to warm up the food he left congealing in a cold oven. Make sure you bring your own bar soap, shampoo etc. which he does not provide. While the house was clean, and location good, I think it is far better to stay in a classic inn or B & B, of which there are many, with more friendly service, and more character. He also would only take cash, claiming that if he accepted a credit card, they would take 25% as a fee. That actually turned out to be the VAT which he is not paying. This bothered me as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mgochin
BroadgateReview, Owner at Broadgate B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I would say that the vast majority of my reviews would highlight this one as unfair. These Americans had the house to themselves and gave me a time each morning that they would like breakfast cooking for them. each morning I came round and piled up their plates but obviously breakfasts in the states are much bigger! no morning where they ready or even out of bed. I did ask if they would like it later the next morning but they declined. so, with breakfast ready and 3 out of 4 guests still in bed (again) I had no choice other that to put it to warm in the oven, I think he expected me to throw it away and come back again later. when I did come back later I found the sink full of dirty pots and pans that they expected me to clean and dirty underwear on lounge floor: not a pretty sight! think they must have a house keeper back home in the U.S of A! They also snapped a key in the back door because they were using the wrong one and called me round to fix it without thinking of using the spare keys that I left them. I think I confused them by giving them a choice of 2, ive since had to change the lock.
Their friends who stayed in a near-by B&B who had no access to a kitchen took it upon themselves to come around and use my kitchen, their young child had thrown up in the kitchen and stunk the house out and then asked me if I had anyway of cleaning it up!! They used my mobile because they were to tight to use their own and asked me for an itemised bill so they could claim the tax back at the airport. After their unrelenting pursuit to bring the Big Apple to Ludlow, I declined.
Any Americans reading this should note that I have had guests to stay from across the pond and found them lovely, but sadly these did not fly the Stars &Stripes.
Have a nice day y'all