“Emmmmm”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Emmmmm”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Didnt even bother ordering food, just got up and walked out... A very cramped little venue its a shame the venue isnt the size of the owners ego, you would fit the whole town in there then,....

• Visited June 2014
10 Thank Shropshirelad049
SimonPeterKing, Owner at The French Pantry, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
AUTO REPLY: We're sorry, our imbercile filter has rejected your correspondence due to excess moronity. Please try contacting us by normal human channels. Thanks for your input.

London, United Kingdom
“Good bistro”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

On our flying visit to Ludlow we had a tough choice on where to spend our only evening meal. We went for The French Pantry.

We had more or less settled on Bistro 7 when we happened to pass The FP and were won over by the intimate and homely atmosphere and attractive menu.

I'm sure there was Civet de lapin when we booked, which REALLY hits the spot for me. But it had gone a few hours later when we arrived. Menus change, just my bad luck.

My partner started with French Onion soup, which was an interesting item for a hot summers day. She loved it but it did rather fill her up.
I had snails, which were ok but perhaps a bit chewey and a bit less garlic that I would have preferred (have enjoyed snails literally hundreds of times so I do know the benchmark).

For main course my partner had Hake Paella, which was flavoursome and filling. I had Confit Duck, which was also very flavoursome.

Short but fairly-priced wine list and every wine available by the glass, which is brilliant.

Note that the kitchen closes at 8.30 (it did the evening we were there), so don't be late!

1 Thank MarkFromEaling
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Superb light lunch”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Were taken to the French Pantry by some friends, who live more locally, and was delighted with this excellent little bistro whose light lunch menu satisfied our party. In particular the lobster raviolo was delicious, the bread and my wife's crab mousseline excellent and the mussel broth just what was required. The service was excellent. Not Michelin class, but it does't pretend to be, and offers an excellent selection at a very reasonable price. I would happily go back if I was in the area.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Great authentic French Bistro food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Can only give praise to this little gem of a Bistro, my wife and I had lunch here the day after having an awful meal at another Restaurant (the Parkway) in Ludlow , wow what a contrast ! Excellent food and service, this is what we expected and looked forward to in Ludlow..
We will be going back here soon.

1 Thank eddoart
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Disappointing, sorry !”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

After hearing many good reports we were extremely disappointed with the quality of the food. The place is charming and the front of house tried very hard but the basics of a good restaurant were not there. You must have good quality food. I decided to go for classic french onion soup, it was underseasoned and had the papery skin of onions in it. The moule as a main course was passable but the frites undercooked. Brandy was not warmed and served in a wine glass, never seen that before ! it would not take too much to get it right. My husband was very disappointed with his rubbery snails and chicken.After visiting France for many ,many years and experiencing good french cooking we had expected more...sorry !

4 Thank Chris D