We stayed in this beautiful building for just one night at the end if June to maximise our enjoyment of the Jools Holland concert at the next door castle.
First lets deal with the "faults" that have been referred to earlier.
1) staff- on arrival at 2pm we were rightly told check in was at 3pm and to come back later. Whilst fine a better alternative might have been to offer a complimentary tea or coffee on the terrace. Other similarly priced small hotels do this.
2) unfriendly and inexperienced staff? Those we spoke to we're young and perhaps early in their working life but were all very friendly. This is nit a large chain and there is no in house training college. am always delighted to see local people employed in such venues not the usual mix of cloned foreign service staff.
3) unclean and poorly equipped rooms. Ours was a superior room on the top floor and was immaculate. My wife commented on the large mirror having sockets adjacent making this perfect for doing her hair and apparently this is rare floors are uneven but in sn old building what can you expect?
4) breakfast. Ours was freshly cooked and pastries etc were replenished throughout service even though we were at the back end of published service time. We were not rushed in any way
So in summary, had we pad attention to some of the trip adviser gripes we may have gone elsewhere as happened with some if our acquaintances. this is perhaps a little expensive but in life you tend to get what you pay for. As a treat this was perfect for us and we will happily stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgeous Georgian Property, overlooking Ludlow Market Square and Medieval Castle, with secluded gardens and private car park. All rooms with Antiques, stylish and eclectic, charming reception room withlog fire, and excellent Brasseri Style Dining Room with proper dining with carefully selected wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dinham Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dinham Hall Hotel Ludlow, Shropshire