“Regular visitor....disappointed with the changes”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ludlow Kitchen

Ludlow Kitchen
Ranked #39 of 89 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$6 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Informal day time cafe serving Ludlow Food Centre's own home made produce.
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Regular visitor....disappointed with the changes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Having been at least a twice a week visitor to Ludlow Café as it was to the "new improved" Ludlow Kitchen, I was told that the food would be better, better menu etc etc. The old menu had more choice, the new menu is dull and trying too hard to be funky. I don't feel comfortable being able to just have cake and coffee if that's all I want. The staff are mostly still the same and the old ones are still the best, the new pompous 'show you to the table' bosses....not so keen, even though they are friendly, it's not as comfortable or relaxing here. I'm not a huge chip fan but they are greasy and rubbish and I can't say it enough, the menu is DULL with about 6 things to choose from!! Bring back the relaxed atmosphere and I will come back spending at least £40 a week here. Also, why are the cakes right by where anyone can sneeze on them, yuck!

“Lovely settings!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I decided to take a friend for a light lunch at Ludlow kitchen as its local to where i live.....to look at (inside & out) it is beautiful! The menu was suprisingly small, the food & coffee was nice & not to badly priced.
Would recommend & visit again :-)

• Visited April 2013
London
“Memorable dinner with friends in the newly enhanced Ludlow Kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I decided to try the recently launched Ludlow Kitchen's evening menu. I was familiar with the original cafe & their daytime menu, but this was my first visit to the new-look restaurant; it is delightful! Tastefully decorated & the log burner gives a cosy & welcoming atmosphere. It is also considerably larger than its previous incarnation without feeling cavernous by cleverly being divided into three areas, each with its own distinct feel. The open kitchen is inspired & it was fun to see the chefs in action preparing the food, whilst the restaurant staff wee attentive & very friendly.

The menu is short (always a good sign, I feel) with classic dishes given a modern twist. Whilst I was making my choices we were offered a selection of breads & butter, all from the Oakley Park Estate / Ludlow Food Centre. I finally chose to have a liver parfait, served with a mushroom salad & toasted bread. I wasn't disappointed, it looked beautiful topped with a flower garnish & it was delicious with a airy mousse texture. My main course was a favourite of mine, slow cooked belly pork. It was perfectly cooked with the crackling served on the side & accompanied with baby turnips from the Estate - delicious! The pudding was a little less successful, but still good. It was described as spicy rice pudding, but I felt it wasn't spicy & I'd have preferred it a little more creamy.

The wine list is small, but with enough choices that everyone was more than happy. I particularly liked my glass of Free (rather than free) New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc. My only grumble was that the white wine wasn't as chilled as I normally like, but an ice bucket quickly sorted that out.

The evening was thoroughly enjoyed by all & I look forward to returning for another evening of fine, locally sourced & foraged, cooking.

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Extremely poor value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

My husband and I visited the recently re-vamped Ludlow Kitchen restaurant hoping for some good quality food which we expect to have to pay a little more for.
Firstly we were very disappointed with the menu, very little choice for lunch, only 1 sandwich on offer, a couple of salads (one of which was not available) and a couple of hot dishes, very poor choice, infact the childrens menu looked better value!
As my first choice of salad was not available I ordered a Pork Terrine with salad and my husband had the Trout. The waitress suggested I order some chips and the Terrine portion wasn't very big so I did.
We seemed to have to wait an eternity for the food as it was very busy, when it eventually came my husbands plate consisted of a small trout fillet and about 4 small potatoes and I had the thinnest slice of terrine and a couple of small slices of toast. I asked where the salad was and the waitress said it is just the garnish on the top! The Terrine was tasty but for £7.00 it was not worth it and neither was the trout for £9.95.
I expect a liitle more for my money and think that this restaurant aswell as the Food Centre are getting a little above themselves. Yes it might be fresh local produce but that's still no reason to rip people off!
Needless to say we will never be going there again!

Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Poor service..... beautiful surroundings”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Myself & 3 friends visited the revamp of the food centre café now named "the Ludlow Kitchen" its was early morning we decided on coffee's & toast. The toast was wonderful fresh bread with the hardest lump of butter on the side, my main issue was that all our coffee's were luke warm, the waitress came to take them away..... very disapointing to see that staff re-heated each individual cup under the steamer! I find this very unprofessional within these surroundngs, surely much more profesional to make the coffees again, once they were returned to the table we then had to decide who's cup was who's!!!! not good at all.

1 Thank louis2000