“Fantastic Place offering large choice of local products”
Review of Ludlow Kitchen

Ludlow Kitchen
Ranked #37 of 93 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Informal day time cafe serving Ludlow Food Centre's own home made produce.
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Loved the cheese and deli counter which had a great choice.
The meat was beautifully presented and looked very fresh.
There was plenty of choice of fruit and vegetables and lots of different ciders.

1  Thank vacationgirl58

Reviewed 3 March 2014

thought the food was lovely and so well priced. Had a great time will be back very soon. the farm shop and garden center are wel worth a visit

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was very underwhelmed by the afternoon tea here a while ago but decided to give it another try for lunch and I have to say that it was a great improvement. The menu is quite small really but I'd been advised that the burgers were good so gave one a try (I would normally go hungry rather than eat burgers). I was very pleasantly surprised, a very tasty homemade burger with a good accompaniment of leaves and chips, I'm not sure that the bun was home made though as it wasn't particularly different to one out of a pack. The service was pleasant and attentive considering the place was quite busy (race day) but the acoustics do make it difficult to hear what the staff are saying - and no doubt difficult for them to hear what is being ordered as we did receive one wrong item, although it was quickly and happily replaced.

Can I just suggest that the mustard is serve on the side of the plate or, preferably, separately as there was so much on one half of my burger bun that I was unable to eat it.

On the whole I was much happier with this visit, things seem to have improved a lot.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have to have a gluten free diet, and felt the options here were extremely limited. Basically, I could have trout fillets with spinach, potato (which turned out to be one new potato sliced and fried) and walnuts. I decided to order some extra vegetables to eke it out, but the only option was ..... more spinach. I looked around at all the other diners eating hearty portions of burgers, pork pies etc and felt very short changed. There were no starters, there were no gluten free puddings, or gluten free bread to fill me up. I came away hungry.

It's a shame because I like the look of the place, it's a lovely airy room, but having had three meals here now, I won't go back to eat. We'll just use it as a place for coffee/tea from now on.

(While we were there in January, the loos were closed because they were being refurbed. I really hope this involves having a door through to them from the restaurant, because I HATED having to go outside to get to the loo on previous visits last year. For a new building, they got this SO WRONG. Who wants to go outside to use an outside loo in cold or wet weather?)

1  Thank Florallle
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Went to Ludlow Kitchen for Sunday lunch and the food we had was of a very high standard (they basically cook much of the food that is sold in the nearby and excellent Food Centre). But the downside was the limited menu on Sunday (they do fantastic burgers on other days of the week - so why these were not available on a Sunday is very strange). The other downside is the front of house service, which whilst efficient, the staff could do with being not quite so grumpy; we also asked of mayonnaise and they came back and simply said they didn't have any and could not care less about it (there shop next door has thousands of kilos of the stuff!!)

1  Thank James B