“Two visits Two days!”

Ludlow Kitchen
Ranked #40 of 91 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Informal day time cafe serving Ludlow Food Centre's own home made produce.
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Yes two visits in two days! both for lunch, oh lovely lunch! first day I had the beef sandwich which was lovely and my mother had the Oakley park cheese sandwich which we accompanied with a shared bowl of chips and aioli, my eldest daughter just had chips and aioli and my youngest daughter the childs sausage and chips all wonderful served quickly and with a smile! We are regular visitors to the food center and have always had lovely food served by lovely people.
Upon returning the next day we had chips (they are so lovely!) cake ( carrot yum yum), tea and ice cream for my daughters again wonderful!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This review is for the Ludlow Kitchen which is part of a complex housing the Ludlow Food Centre. It is usually an excellent experience both for the locally sourced food on offer in the Food Centre itself, but also by extension the cafe called the Ludlow Kitchen, which showcases the food on offer in the centre. We have visited it a number of times (making a two hour trip) and enjoyed the ambiance and the food. We were very disappointed this time, we expect with a number of tourists visiting that sometimes the service can be slow. This time it was not just slow it was also badly managed. We sat there and waited. Two people came about 15 minutes after us and sat down at the next table. When after another 5 minutes their order was being taken, we hailed the waitress taking the order and she just ignored us. A little later another waitress arrived to take our order. We asked about the other waitress and was informed that they all had table allocation and can not serve tables they are not allocated to. So I asked the question what if we had sat there for an hour waiting because our allocated waitress was busy and the waitress serving the next table had no further guests to serve, would they just let us wait. The answer was yes, although the waitress taking our order did state that she thought it was a bad management idea. To add insult to injury the table next to us who arrived long time after us and being served by our allocated waitress received their food quite some time before us. Of course I understand that some type of management is required and it is key that staff are allocated specific tasks but some flexibility is also necessary to ensure that customers are properly looked after. In this case we were not and no attempt to apologise just a shrug of the shoulders and that's the way it is attitude. I am very sorry to write this but it was a less than happy visit.

Edward799, General Manager at Ludlow Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Thank you for this review. I have looked into this as best as possible as your visit was on a particularly busy day. I make no excuse however. You have every reason to complain, you were not given the standard of service we expect. I have discussed this at length with Ben, our café manager. Please accept my apologies .We can only learn from this, and hope that you may return.
Edward Berry

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is a really great place. The food is very good, not exceptional or fancy, but it is the staff that make it so special, all very friendly. I forgot my purse last week, realised after my meal, no problem, just pay the next time you come ( I am local and probably visit each week, often for just a coffee ) and yes, I should stop as I am a desert person and their pecan pie, with clotted cream, lemon posset and scones are so good it's really not helping the diet at all!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Beautiful restaurant/cafe adjacent to Ludlow Food Centre.Light and airy with plenty of lighting.Very helpful staff,especially Emma.We had sandwiches as we were to early for lunch which starts at 12 midday.Beautifully presented with salad leaves,chutney and homemade coleslaw.Lovely cafetiere of coffee of the weeks blend.As lunchtime approached the whole place filled up.The kitchen preparation area is open plan so you can see what is being prepared.Loads of parking space and a ramp for wheelchair entry.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a coffee and were pleasantly surprised. Good coffee (and scones) and a friendly staff. Nice ambiance on a otherwise rainy day.