“Sunday lunch !!!!!”

The Bennetts End Inn
Ranked #37 of 89 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Bennett's End Inn is a traditional 16th century country inn, Our Menu like our real ales, ciders and wines is carefully sourced using only the best local suppliers. We work closely with suppliers to find only the best local ingredients for our seasonal menu's. We use only local breweries and wine merchants so that our drink offering compliments our fantastic local menu.
“Sunday lunch !!!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I have been her a fair few times now. And every time is bang on. We was in on Sunday sat out side in the hot sun. And still the Staff are great food is all ways cooked well. And look fresh. Fantastic place. Ya doing a great job. Best place to eat round Ludlow. Fair play to u all

1 Thank Adam2100

London, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We arrived late afternoon Saturday and were early for our cottage so had 2 pints of Hobsons beer, very enjoyable, and ordered 2 portions of chips, wow best pub chips ever and homemade tartare sauce, yum. Staff friendly. We went back for Sunday lunch, smoked haddock with spring onion mash and poached egg (perfectly cooked), so enjoyable, and spinach and ricotta tortellii, which was finished with a red onion sauce, which lifted it to another dimension. Great service, great food, and superb staff, oh and the beer....perfect! (& forgot to buy a lemon for the evening drinks,but no problem, one was willingly provided, service for you)

Swindon, United Kingdom
“nice little place”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Good service, good food, lovely staff.

great evening with friends, nice wine, nice food.
Will be going back soon

• Visited May 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Father's Day Meal”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I booked to eat at this pub for Father's Day following some good comments about it from my boyfriend's parents who live in the area.
It is fair to say that this pub certainly is in the middle of nowhere!
Despite this, we (Myself & my parents) had a warm welcome from the gent behind the bar who also served us our food throughout our visit.
There was a set menu with a few choices for each course. We all opted for the chicken parfait for starter which was tasty although I wish they would've served more toasted bread as I had half of the parfait left with nothing to spread it on. For main's I opted for the chicken (Sunday lunch) and my parents both chose beef. I was impressed that the chef had made his own yorkshire puds which were delicious and my meat was very tender. At first glance it did look like there wasn't much veg to share between the three of us but it really was plenty! The only small issue was that I did have to ask for some more gravy. After finishing this I was stuffed and so I didn't order dessert but my parents opted for the Eton Mess and the Baileys and Caramel Cheesecake and they seemed to enjoy! The Bennetts End also has Hobsons and Ludlow Brewery Ale on draught which is one of the main reasons I booked the pub for Father's Day as my Dad is also a massive lover of both breweries. However, I did think they would have more than Hobsons Best Bitter and Ludlow Gold to offer!
All in all, a good tasty meal and good service.

Hereford
“Great little find!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We visited for Father's Day and could hardly fault the place.

We had the Sunday roast menu which was fairly priced for the standard of food.

The Parfait was light and creamy served with a spiced chutney, toast and accompanied with a fresh salad which was the perfect mix.

The Beef was cooked to my liking with the usual vegetables, potatoes and a home made Yorkshire pudding. The gravy was great, rich and full of flavour. All served on a hot plate which a lot of places seem to forget.

Dessert was also good presented nicely on the plate and the ice cream was served on crushed biscuits so it made it to the table without being spread around the plate.

The wine list was a little basic but all the major corners were covered.

The service was fine empty glasses were left on the table but maybe that's me being a little pretentious. But if you want to stand out all this counts.

We were the last table in the restaurant and didn't at all feel pressured to leave which is usually the norm in other places in the area.

Overall a good experience and would certainly recommend to others.