This could be a lovely hotel one day if it had some money spent on it. As a Londoner I would say it falls way short of the quality you would expect these days and is very poor value if you're paying anything like full rate. If you're wanting to feel pampered on a long weekend break this is not for you.
- a sort of stale old food smell hits you as soon you walk into the hallway and follows you round until you exit the building again. if you have a sense of smell you will be glad to leave it behind when you check out.
- the décor is both tired and old fashioned - flock wall paper - fire doors containing those institutional looking wired glass windows. I heard from a friend this used to be a youth hotel and not much seems to have changed since then..
- the rooms may vary a little but ours had all the electrical wiring in a plastic covers outside the wall to the plugs and for 3 it was very cramped. The décor is best described as random - the door to the room, the bathroom and the only cupboard were all painted different colours for example!
-the owner seems nice and appears to be doing her best but cant make the changes needed.
-the staff especially at breakfast are great and the breakfast itself is very nice - probably the best thing about the place.
-although a good walk from town ( over the river and up a steep hill) it is a nice scenic route to the town and castle.
-the building and grounds could be lovely if some money was spent
- the photography of the rooms is fabulous and very flattering.
-Maybe some of the rooms for one or 2 people are better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small privately owned country house hotel set in its own grounds with plenty of parking. Ten minute walk to Ludlow Castle and the shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your The Cliffe at Dinham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffe Hotel Ludlow
- The Cliffe At Dinham Ludlow, Shropshire