“Superb”

Price range: US$1 - US$197
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've read the negative reviews on Mr Underhills and simply don't recognise any of the issues raised. Our booking was straightforward, the Shed was wonderful for the night, the welcome was warm, the wine was carefully chosen and the food was not only excellent but, in my view, very clever. Simple ingredients cleverly presented and, at the end of the evening, no feeling of having eaten a heavy meal. Not cheap but then we didn't expect it to be.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent restaurant with great food but do not appear to appreciate the need to have properly chilled white wine.
Had Champagne before our meal outside in the lovely garden but was a little disappointed that it was not as chilled as I would have liked it. Bottles of Champagne appeared to do the rounds in the garden with no obvious chilling.
In the restaurant I requested an ice bucket to keep our white wine properly chilled but was told they did not have any just the plastic insulated containers which in my mind do not do the job.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Visited Mr Underhills for the first time for a special birthday this week. We were not disappointed. It was fabulous - admittedly it was expensive but the food was out of this world and the service second to none. All finished off with a lovely extra 'cake and candle' on a special personalised plate for the birthday girl. It was fab. Not surprised its got a 3 month waiting list to get a table. Well worth the wait though. I'm looking forward to another special occassion so I can go again. Thanks Mr Underhills.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I can't remember all of the courses, there were so many of them but the gazpacho and sorbet course was amazing and the vegetarian options inventive. Counter-intuitively, the lack of choice ( only in the dessert course are you offered an alternative) was blissful. I felt as though I could rely on the staff to provide the best food available. and they did.

1  Thank 13Lin13
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The venue for the evening is delightful and reassures you that your choice has been a good one. We had pre diner drinks in the lovely garden and were then ushered into a pleasant dining room where we were served by knowledgable attentive staff. We took the wines suggested to us to accompany each course and were not disappointed. Every course was a dlight. I am so glad we were able to go and will certainly book again if we are in the area. I recommend it to everyone. My husband is vegetarian and was equally delighted with his experience.

1  Thank jlwatkinson