“Can't fault it”

Chang Thai Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$61 - US$61
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Newly renovated (2/14) restaurant in a contemporary style with a Thai Street twist, incorporating recycled and upcycled furniture. Serving Thai cuisine made by our dedicated Thai team of chefs. Food also served in the Changthai Bar and Garden. Thai BBQ on Sunday lunch during summer.
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Can't fault it”
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We visited mid week, luckily we had booked as it was packed. It was quite noisy but as this was a meal with friends (not a romantic meal for 2!) it was not a problem, in fact it made us feel more comfortable than sitting in a restaurant where everyone talks in whispers.
Considering how busy it was we did not have to wait ages for our food, anyway if it comes too quickly it usually means it has been precooked and warmed, all this food was fresh and tasty.
We had 3 courses, soft drinks and coffees all for £72 which was value for money. All the food was lovely but my favourite was the chicken satay starter, I wish they did it as a main, it was fabulous. In a n ideal world I would have liked ice cream with the pancake but I'd really had enough calories by then anyway!
If you get chance then do go, the staff are very friendly and helpful, the food is authentic and tasty and the restaurant is clean and welcoming.

• Visited July 2011

Sydney, Australia
“The Globe bar was a real find.”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I discovered the Globe Bar on a busy festival night. It was a buzzy spot, a casual lounge bar down an alley off the main town square and with an outdoor area too. The Chang Thai restaurant is just across the alley and both places share the one kitchen. So the bar menu was Thai too and a few wines and a green chicken curry later I left very content. A real nice change to a pub or restuarant for a solo traveller.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank AMoz
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Delicious Thai food”
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We visited Chang Thai on a midweek evening and were surprised to see the restaurant quickly fill up, so booking would appear to be essential.

We selected one of the set menus and it was a nicely balanced selection of hot, sweet and sour Thai dishes. Service was prompt and friendly and we would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for an informal and delicious meal in Ludlow.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank tot2006
Midlands
“Lovely Thai food, with Singha and Monsoon Valley!”
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I'm quite picky when it comes to my Thai food. We have a really good Thai restaurant near home and I always expect others to live up to that and am often disappointed as a result! In this case I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was lovely and tasty without being greasy. The thai crackers were spicy and the portion sizes good. They had Singha beer and Monsoon Valley wine. Always a positive in my book. Overall it was a great meal. The lounge bar opposite is a great place for pre dinner drinks too. I'd recommend this place and it would be my first choice for a meal next time I'm in Ludlow.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank AliH_JP
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely restaurant, great service, delicious authentic Thai food”
Reviewed 14 April 2011

My boyfriend and I went there last night and booked ahead as we read the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. We were given a table at the window which was lovely as the tables were not all crammed together. The service was attentive, not intrusive. I thought the decorative little touches reminded me if being in Thailand as were the waitresses that were traditionally dressed. were  We had the Green Thai Curry, Red Duck Curry and a Pad Thai with a side of Jasmin rice which were all delicious and arrived in good time. We also had one large glass of wine and a beer which came to £44. We would def recommend!

1 Thank Reviewer2319