“First Time Japanese”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“First Time Japanese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first time to try Japanese food, although I did pass on the Sushi as I anticipated raw fish and was not feeling that adventurous. My wife had the Sushi appetiser and said that it was very good. The remaining starters and main courses were also excellently presented and of good quality. I had a steak dish which I really enjoyed. Welcome and service were also excellent. Would recommend this restaurant to friends and family. Book in advance preferable due to small restaurant, but all food cooked to order and fresh.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank najapoulton

London, United Kingdom
“Small Japanese restaurant at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went to Koo for a family dinner. The restaurant is pretty small and the tables are all very close together so it can feel a bit awkward as your conversation will surely be heard by the other diners. The menu is quite limited and it has a set price but the food was delicious and converted to Japanese food my skeptical fiance'!
The price was reasonable (£28 each for food) and the service, especially from the owner of the restaurant, very attentive.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Marta G
London, United Kingdom
“Japanese at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We've been to Koo several times and have never been disappointed.
The service is always friendly and efficient. There is a set price menu depending on how many courses you choose, with choices on each course. We both had sushi, followed by dumplings and a chicken salad. I then had a Japanese style steak and my husband had sea bass, both accompanied by rice and several types of vegetables. Dessert was a green tea creme brulee and ice cream. Everything was really well cooked and super delicious. Prices were also more than reasonable, especially when compared to the ridiculously high prices charged in London's Japanese restaurants.

1 Thank 164Irene666
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Food OK but needs an interior makeover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Went here early one Saturday evening ( we had booked) and I think we were the first customers. We were shown to a table by the window which was pleasant enough and ordered from the set menu. We have actually been to Japan and eaten in Japanese restaurants in Hawaii and overall I think they could be a bit braver with this restaurant. It is obviously popular, it filled up fairly quickly and quite a few seemed like repeat customers, but the food is what I would call 'safe' with nothing really unusual or different. The girl who served us was very nice, as was the owner/manager but I feel they could make more of this restaurant than they actually do. The interior looks as though it could do with a makeover, both decorative wise (artificial flowers in the window) and as other customers have mentioned, cleanliness wise. It is only a small place and it could be a little gem of Oriental quality and taste. It isn't cheap, and at the end of the day I could only describe the food as normal Asian fare, when for the most part Japanese normally has more of the wow factor, both in presentation and taste.

1 Thank green_naturelover100
Stone, United Kingdom
“Fabulous meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Koo is a small relaxed friendly restaurant, located a bit out of the main centre of Ludlow. We had a lovely meal, that was really fresh and very tasty.
We would recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank Roland S