“Quirky interior and a bloody good burger”
Review of Frank - CLOSED

Frank
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Unique Cocktail Bar and American Diner
Shawbury
“Quirky interior and a bloody good burger”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Great American food. Service was a little disappointing as we had to wait a fair amount of time between getting seated, ordering and then receiving our food. Having said that the food made up for it and I will definitely be going back soon. I would say that if you are having some food after 7pm on a Friday then get yourself a table upstairs as the downstairs areas is more of a bar area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank BethThomas

Dudley, United Kingdom
“Great Burger!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Went to Franks armed with a groupon voucher expecting to have a watered down cocktail and a smaller than normal burger but couldn't have been more wrong! Plenty of burgers to choose from and even more cocktails! My friend and I both really enjoyed our food and wouldn't think twice about eating there again, even without the voucher!

• Visited March 2014
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Tastey American food”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Good american style food. Cold upstairs. Staff very genuine and friendly. Could do with more seats down stairs. Good value. Been here several times

• Visited February 2014
The International Wanderer
“It's got everything -”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Fantastic! Any place that has Kozel (Czech) lager is immediately up there in my book. Party of 3 of us had a great meal there and everything was just perfect …. staff friendly, portion control does not exist, great time

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tigerwarrior
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Think 'Man v Food' with European style”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Visited Frank using a groupon voucher (24/1/14) and have to say I was very impressed! On arriving we had a couple of drinks at the lively bar. I was particularly happy to see some unique larger and cider on draft, the aspel was a delight! Our table was downstairs and over looked the busy street below, the venue itself had an American feel with music to match while showing a collection of artwork to give it a touch of class. Staff were friendly and had a 'mate' manner about them while still being professional, checking we were happy with our food etc. We had the beef burger with pulled pork and the sloppy Frank but swapped the beef patty for a chicken one so we could try both, they were great. Quality meat in both. Our sides impressed is most however. We had macc and cheese which was a nice change as a side, perfect comfort food. And chilli cheese fries which were as chilli fries should be, hot with plenty of kick! Cocktails were lovely, Tokyo ice tea and a banoffe martini. During the night we watched a fella behind the bar set one drink he was making on fire for minute or so, I forgot to ask what it was?!

I feel I have to throw my ten bob in to the multiple negative reviews from the same party below. While I understand your disappointment in the night out, giving a 1 star review considering you managed to finish you meal seems unfair but doing so several times is just plain vindictive!

Will certainly visit again and try the steak. Well done Frank for offering a much needed alternative restaurant to Shrewsbury!

• Visited January 2014