Not normally a fan of Holiday Express due to a bad experience elsewhere but this was the only suitable place to stay so booked it with fingers crossed. Situated right in the middle of a new business park the building itself seems quite new and well presented. There is a free barrier controlled car park (don't forget to take your token from the check-in desk to get out) which is a reasonable size. The check-in was friendly, the room well furnished and clean and the shower was hot and powerful. In room there was a decent tv, tea and coffee facilities and plenty of storage areas with a comfortable bed and good pillows. A huge plus is free wifi throughout the building (take note Premier Inn), free breakfast which is a decent basic buffet with hot and cold food and food was available from the bar during the evening, didn't have this so can't comment on it. Overall we were very impressed and Premier Inn now have a fight on their hands as before we've always booked automatically with them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From its medieval castle and historic black-and-white Tudor buildings, to its museums, restaurants, bars and world-famous Shrewsbury Abbey, the area surrounding the Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury hotel beckons visitors with its stunning sights and sounds.Whether your stay with us is for business or pleasure, there is much to uncover in this fascinating town and with our modern, comfortable and clean rooms you are sure to find everything you need for an enjoyable visit. Not only is our hotel right in the middle of the Shrewsbury Business Park, many more attractions are either walking distance or a short drive from our front door. You can start your day with a free breakfast before heading towards the nearby town centre that is packed with timber-framed black and white buildings, steep narrow streets and alleyways. In fact, it boasts over 600 listed buildings, including Shrewsbury Castle, now a regimental museum. The historic centre is a shoppers' heaven, featuring designer boutiques, smart malls and an amazing range of independent retailers. Add to that a lively night life and a rich choice of cafés and restaurants.With easy access to Telford and the Midlands, including Telford International Centre, the Hampton by Hilton offers modern amenities in a historic Tudor town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton By Hilton Shrewsbury Hotel Shrewsbury
- Purplehotel Hotel Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury Purplehotel Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury Shropshire