This was our first stay here since it changed to the Holiday Inn Express. (Previously Hampton by Hilton) We were very pleased to find that very little had changed.
Staff were friendly and efficient and check in and check out were hassle free.
Nice sizeable room, which is always very welcome. There was even room to do my yoga!
The decor is better than the bland offering usualy found in similar chain hotels.
I particularly liked the nice BIG fluffy towels and the big shower cubicle which had a built in seat. The shower was easy to work and the water stayed at a nice constant temperature. The toiletries which were dispensed from big containers on the wall were very good.
The room and ensuite were very clean and the bed was cosy and comfortable.
There is an iron, ironing board and hairdryer provided in the room, and a kettle with tea/coffee etc.
The free buffet breakfast was very good with a reasonable choice.
The location is very good, in the middle of a business park - so very peaceful at night, but only a few minutes drive from the historic town of Shrewsbury with it's lovely park and river and excellent selection of shops, bars, coffee shops and restaurants.
This was excellent value for money - we have stayed in much worse places for lots more cash.
I can't think of a single negative comment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From its medieval castle and historic black-and-white Tudor buildings, to its museums, restaurants, bars and world-famous Shrewsbury Abbey, the area surrounding the Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury hotel beckons visitors with its stunning sights and sounds.Whether your stay with us is for business or pleasure, there is much to uncover in this fascinating town and with our modern, comfortable and clean rooms you are sure to find everything you need for an enjoyable visit. Not only is our hotel right in the middle of the Shrewsbury Business Park, many more attractions are either walking distance or a short drive from our front door. You can start your day with a free breakfast before heading towards the nearby town centre that is packed with timber-framed black and white buildings, steep narrow streets and alleyways. In fact, it boasts over 600 listed buildings, including Shrewsbury Castle, now a regimental museum. The historic centre is a shoppers' heaven, featuring designer boutiques, smart malls and an amazing range of independent retailers. Add to that a lively night life and a rich choice of cafés and restaurants.With easy access to Telford and the Midlands, including Telford International Centre, the Hampton by Hilton offers modern amenities in a historic Tudor town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton By Hilton Shrewsbury Hotel Shrewsbury
- Purplehotel Hotel Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury Purplehotel Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury Shropshire