“Comfortable, Clean and Friendly”
Review of Lucroft

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shrewsbury
Lucroft
Ranked #42 of 56 Shrewsbury B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Michael was the perfect host. My sister and I arrived late in the day simply exhausted. He stepped right in and got us parked, the brought the luggage up to our vary spacious room. After a good night's sleep, we went to the charming dining room where he made us a delicious breakfast. We were well rested and off to explore the city. I would definitely go back given the opportunity!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank welchdiva
There are newer reviews for Lucroft

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Am an addict to local history so needed somewhere close to the railway station and to the local history centre and this guest house hit the spot being 5 minutes walk from one and just across the street to the other.
Flight of stairs to the reception area (no rooms on the ground floor) and met by friendly hostess who, once the initial procedures were dealt with, offered to carry my bag upstairs for me. My single room with en suite was on the third floor at the far end of the corridor but right opposite the communal bathroom/wc which did get a bit noisy with shutting doors late at night and early morning. But then found my WC made loud noises on pulling the chain. So couldn't really complain.
Room was very clean and comfortable, had TV, but most importantly there was a kettle and teabags and plug sockets in all the right places ie near the bed so I could plug in my laptop! Good view up and down Castle Street and even better from the pleasant breakfast room on the first floor (not far from reception). Full English breakfast was cooked to perfection - very filling with choices of cereal, toast before and after etc.
The hotel is also not far from the main shopping centre a little further up Castle Street and near some very good restaurants - Brasserie Traitors Gate for one!
Will definitely stay there again later this year.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

The owner was friendly and welcoming! Room very fresh clean looking and bed and pillows very comfortable, cost us £56 for a double for the night with on suite bathroom, only down side was communal bathroom next to our room which ment it was very noisy and spoilt our once in a blue moon lie in :(. Wiil definitely use this place agsin when on a night out in Shrewsbury

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I had an excellent stay at the Lucroft, right from the start I was made to feel welcome, the lady hosting even carried my bag up the stairs for me. Room was very nice, fantastic view of the beautiful town centre, room did look a bit tired but shouldn't be a surprise if you're staying in a traditional b&b. Breakfast was very good, breakfast room lovely. Perfect for anyone who wants to stay in the centre of Shrewsbury as it's right by the train station and just a short walk to the shops and sights. I would have no hesitation in booking here again, very pleasant hosts and very good value for money.

(can be a bit noisy as it's by the main road, but if you wear earplugs or don't have sensitive ears, you should be fine!)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Having searched for a resonably price room in Shrewsbury with no success I was not expecting much of this B&B as it had rooms still available.However , was pleasantly surprised by the Lucroft Excellent location , helpful host ,plenty of parking. Rooms very clean . Good value for the price and location . Definately stay here again..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This was a lovely, clean hotel in a very convenient spot. Christel was friendly and very responsive to my email requests. The breakfast was delicious, home cooked with the works and the rooms were clean and tidy. We stayed in the family room and the ensuite room next door and would certainly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Lucroft. The guest house is very conveniently located in the center of town, allowing easy access to sites, restaurants, and pubs. The rooms are bright and fresh. The hostess was very kind and served a lovely breakfast. We look forward to returning to stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple