“Excellent Vegetarian Food - Especially the Dessert!”
Review of The Good Life

The Good Life
Ranked #11 of 352 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: Quality, freshly prepared vegetarian and vegan food in relaxed surroundings. Wine supplied by Tanners Wines. Families welcome.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent Vegetarian Food - Especially the Dessert!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My parents, 12 year old son and I had lunch at the Good Life yesterday. We are a difficult mix to accomodate. I am a vegetarian of over 12 years. My son will only eat the plainest of food. My mother is a serial dieter, and my father will faint at the mention of a lentil! I have eaten at The Godd Life before and was eager to return to my old favourite - the spinach mousakka - just as good as ever. My mother loved her goats cheese and mediterranean lasagne with generous helplings of two undressed, low calorie salads. My son was happy with his over baked cheese jacket potatoe. My father was the biggest surprise - I never thought he would eat anything with goats cheese! Let alone a waldorf salad and a cauliflower and cucumber salad with pea mint pesto! He loved them both and has now become a waldorf salad fan!

You are spoiled for choice with the desserts - I had a divine chocolate tart. My son had a sacha tort with ice cream. The piece de restistance was my father's choice of warmed pecan pie - the best dessert he had ever had! Both parents had coffee, which again they commented on the quality.

If we lived in Shrewsbury, no doubt I'd be in The Good Life every day for the take away salad.

Not to forget - excellent service with a smile!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Nimbus49

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great food but not enough vegan options!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Have been a few times to this hidden gem, although on my last visit I took my vegan friend, and as Shropvegan commented in a previous review the menu is surprisingly limited for Vegans. Also the service on the last occasion was also rather slow. I do hope they haven’t lost their mojo because I have enjoyed quite a number of really good meals at The Good Life in the past and I love their homemade quiche. Come on Good Life get back on form please and try and extend your vegan options so that I’m not embarrassed to take my vegan friends there.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Claire G
“Not great for vegans!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Vegans beware, my friend and I visited this restaurant - we're both vegan - and he was told that the salad containing beetroot and HONEY was vegan!! Lack of knowledge about a vegan diet, limited choice of deserts for vegans and no chocolate options. Also all the nut roasts contained eggs! Why make something that could be completely suitable for both vegetarians ans vegans into a vegetarian only meal? An OK restaurant, but certainly not the 17th best in Shrewsbury that Trip Advisor suggests. Somewhere to go if you want salad, but then there are many places you can get a salad in Shrewsbury and a more inventive accurately portrayed vegan one at that!

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank Shropvegan
“tasty food”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have eaten in lots of establishments in and around Shrewsbury and the food here is delicious, I have eaten here many times. There are food allergies within our family and this establishment is very helpful with that. It's nice to eat and enjoy healthy home made produce.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank sarah d
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

We have eaten lunch here a few times now and love it. The food tastes fresh and homemade with lots of salads to choose from. It's a place we will continue to go to whenever we are in town. If you're in Shrewsbury eat here!

Visited June 2013