We have just returned from a nights stay at the Prince Rupert .A night away without the kids to celebrate our 25 th anniversary. We were extremely impressed with the service from start to finish. We were upgraded to the prince rupert suite for our stay and even had an anniversary card in our room. i was a little dubious about the ghosts id read about, but we had thankfully no encounters and enjoyed a very pleasant stay.The room far exceeded our expectations with a four poster bed and a bath you so deep you didint want to get out of. breakfast was delicious and plentiful. the valet parking was great and they allowed us to leave the car there even after we d checked out. I would not hesistate to recommend this place for a lovely break in Shrewsbury. Thank you to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic grade II listed Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the very heart of medieval Shrewsbury and just a short stroll from the individual shops and many tourist attractions. Surrounded by narrow cobblestone streets and black and white timbered buildings it provides the perfect base to explore beautiful Shrewsbury. A warm and friendly welcome is always provided to all guests with a glass of sherry on arrival. With the heritage of the hotel dating back to the 12th and 15th century, character and charm abound with sloping floors, exposed Tudor beams and a restored Jacobean staircase. Privately owned for many years by Michael & Diane Matthews, the hotel offers a great choice of dining all with a focus on fresh local produce. The Royalist is ideal for a special occasion with an a la carte menu together with a superb wine list. Chambers brasserie is renowned for its traditional British menu at sensible prices and located at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens of St. Alkmunds square, Camellias Tea Rooms offers an extensive menu selection including traditional afternoon tea served on a three tier cake stand. A charming place to relax to the sound of a grand piano. Valet parking is provided to the hotel's private car park at a cost of £5 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prince Rupert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury Hotel Prince Rupert
- Prince Rupert Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire