Prince Rupert Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury(Shrewsbury)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$157
Orbitz.com
Orbitz.com
1,293 results
All reviewsvalet parkingchambers restaurantroyalist restauranton arrivalsuits of armourcomplimentary glass of sherryvalet serviceupgraded to a suitefish streetcobbled streetmodern bathroomcar parkfour poster bedlovely hotelsat navcentral locationold building
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We decided to stay here as it was very central to go out and about and for the station, as we arrived by train! The rooms were very clean and the staff friendly, we were a group of 6 in 3 twins and as girls 'do' viewed all the rooms to see who had the best! None of us were disappointed and enjoyed the very varied breakfasts. Through out our first day we dropped our shopping off at reception and it was no trouble what so ever for the staff, they were only too pleased to have been of assistance. None of my friends had been to Shrewsbury before and all said they would revisit and definitely use The Prince Rupert again.

Room Tip: Try and stay away from the front as the bin men arrive early!!! However, this is not a complaint .......its a job to be done!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank keith_parrott1
James M, General Manager & Director at Prince Rupert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Great to see that these guests thoroughly enjoyed their group break away at The Prince Rupert and I am thrilled that they would stay again for future visits to Shrewsbury. I would like to thank them for taking the time to post this lovely review of the hotel and look forward to hopefully welcoming them back soon...

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Good hotel in fabulous location,right in the centre of Shrewsbury but in a quiet backwater. The bathroom,bathrobes and jacuzzi bath got top marks from my wife but the 4 poster bed is overrated,too high and too narrow even for a slender man such as myself!
Good breakfast and friendly staff made for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: King James suite
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
James M, General Manager & Director at Prince Rupert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

I am very happy that these guests enjoyed a pleasant stay with us at the hotel and enjoyed the King James I Suite, which was reputedly the private residence of Prince Rupert himself during his time in Shrewsbury.

With regards to this guest's feedback about the 4-poster bed in the suite, as one can imagine it is an antique in itself and therefore befits the historic character of the room. Also at 4"6' wide and 6"3' in length it meets the specifications laid out by the AA for the hotel. Despite this minor point, I am pleased to read that the team offered a friendly service and that our breakfast selection was thoroughly enjoyed. We very much look forward to hopefully welcoming these guests back to The Prince Rupert in the not too distant future...

Reviewed 7 November 2013

A fabulous hotel in the heart of town. The staff are great, polite and very helpful. We stayed in the Enhanced Room which was very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was bright and modern having recently been refurbished. Breakfast was excellent with a good selection of food.
The Prince Rupert is a fabulous hotel and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Peter
Redditch, Worcs

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter H
James M, General Manager & Director at Prince Rupert Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

It is brilliant to read that this guest thoroughly enjoyed their stay with us at The Prince Rupert Hotel. It is particularly positive to learn that they liked their recently upgraded bathroom and also enjoyed our breakfast selection - we are all certainly looking forward to welcoming them back to the hotel in the not too distant future...

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Having enjoyed my stay so much last time I was only too happy to visit the area again on business. On arrival I received a warm welcome from staff and another room upgrade - The Prince Philip Suite; courtesy of Camilla who was extremely helpful and remembered me from my previous stay. Once again I found the room possessed an excellent balance of period features and modern amenities.

Having tried the Royalist last time I decided to give the other in house restaurant Chambers a go. The food was fantastic and lived up to my expectations, once again excellent prices and good portion sizes makes it hard to beat for quality and value for money - I can definitely recommend the steak . The menu itself looked great and I only wish I had the time to have tried a few more of the meals...

All in all another lovely stay at the Prince Rupert; a beautiful hotel with gorgeous period features, brilliant restaurants, and extremely helpful and polite staff - especially Camilla for organising the room upgrade and acting as a local tourist information centre!

Room Tip: Anything you need just ask, the staff there are willing to bend over backwards for you!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jonathan C

I am thrilled that this guest had a memorable stay with us at The Prince Rupert Hotel and I would like to thank them for their lovely comments. The Prince Philip Suite is indeed one of Shrewsbury's treasures and even featured recently on Michaela Strachan's "Great British Ghosts" television series whilst visiting Shrewsbury.

Above all I am delighted that the team went above and beyond to make this a most enjoyable visit - Justin, our Head Chef, and his team are especially grateful for the superb feedback about the cuisine.

We all look forward to welcoming this guest back to the hotel soon for their third stay!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Returning to Shrewsbury 40 years after being married there, the team at the Prince Rupert made it a weekend to remember. Perfectly located in the heart of the town this hotel is an ideal base to explore Shrewsbury. The staff are really helpful, and could not do enough for us, the room excellent as was the breakfast. The happy anniversary card in the room when we arrive was a really nice touch and much appreciated. Could I also recommend Chambers Bistro (attached to the hotel). We had a Sunday lunch party for six and the food was just great. I had some delighted family guests.
Well done Prince Rupert we will be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Philip S

We were truly honoured to have this couple return to us to celebrate their ruby wedding anniversary having been married at The Prince Rupert 40 years prior!

May I take this opportunity to thank them for taking the time to post this lovely review on Trip Advisor - the team here do use the website for feedback, so they will all be delighted to read these positive comments.

We very much hope these guests return to the hotel in the future, even perhaps to celebrate their golden anniversary...!