Since we had such a lovely stay in Bath, at a 5 star resort our expectations were high. We were disappointed with the room and the hotel dinning experience. The room was
small. (Listed as a Jr Suite. ) This is an old hotel that has been somewhat updated. Our room looked over the alleyway. Coming into the room you had to go down three large steps with out a rail to hang on to. To get to the new bathroom we again had to go down three large steps without a rail. The new bathroom was excellent, with a walk in shower.
When we went down to dinner, we were disappointed in the décor. The furniture was shabby and in need of repair. The whole room was in need of an up date as was the lobby. The food was average. It took a long time to receive it. I do not think we will be guests of this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic grade II listed Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the very heart of medieval Shrewsbury and just a short stroll from the individual shops and many tourist attractions. Surrounded by narrow cobblestone streets and black and white timbered buildings it provides the perfect base to explore beautiful Shrewsbury. A warm and friendly welcome is always provided to all guests with a glass of sherry on arrival. With the heritage of the hotel dating back to the 12th and 15th century, character and charm abound with sloping floors, exposed Tudor beams and a restored Jacobean staircase. Privately owned for many years by Michael & Diane Matthews, the hotel offers a great choice of dining all with a focus on fresh local produce. The Royalist is ideal for a special occasion with an a la carte menu together with a superb wine list. Chambers brasserie is renowned for its traditional British menu at sensible prices and located at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens of St. Alkmunds square, Camellias Tea Rooms offers an extensive menu selection including traditional afternoon tea served on a three tier cake stand. A charming place to relax to the sound of a grand piano. Valet parking is provided to the hotel's private car park at a cost of £5 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prince Rupert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury Hotel Prince Rupert
- Prince Rupert Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire