Stayed here for one night as part of a work trip with a group. The rooms are clearly in the process of refurbishment, with some of our group lucky enough to have lovely new luxury bathrooms, and others faring less well. My twin room was comfortable, and had a fabulous walk-in shower room, and I was lucky enough to have a room at the front of the building, with a view. The room was generally clean, though dusty and cobwebby in less obvious areas like round the plug sockets, which was a bit unpleasant when using them. It's a shame that even with new drapes and the lovely bathroom, older furniture had been retained, in 1980s pine, which looks cheap alongside the new decor. I hope that this is in the process of being upgraded too. I had a good night's sleep, and wasn't disturbed by the promised resident ghost!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic grade II listed Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the very heart of medieval Shrewsbury and just a short stroll from the individual shops and many tourist attractions. Surrounded by narrow cobblestone streets and black and white timbered buildings it provides the perfect base to explore beautiful Shrewsbury. A warm and friendly welcome is always provided to all guests with a glass of sherry on arrival. With the heritage of the hotel dating back to the 12th and 15th century, character and charm abound with sloping floors, exposed Tudor beams and a restored Jacobean staircase. Privately owned for many years by Michael & Diane Matthews, the hotel offers a great choice of dining all with a focus on fresh local produce. The Royalist is ideal for a special occasion with an a la carte menu together with a superb wine list. Chambers brasserie is renowned for its traditional British menu at sensible prices and located at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens of St. Alkmunds square, Camellias Tea Rooms offers an extensive menu selection including traditional afternoon tea served on a three tier cake stand. A charming place to relax to the sound of a grand piano. Valet parking is provided to the hotel's private car park at a cost of £5 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Prince Rupert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury Hotel Prince Rupert
- Hotel Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Prince Rupert Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire