Avoid. This is a very tired hotel, and needs a complete overhaul. The interior of the lift is a disgrace. I was assigned an utterly drab room that could be found in any third-rate hotel the world over. The bathroom hadn’t been updated since about 1980. The information folder in the room was tattered and incomplete. I could hear the shrieks and the television of the people next door. The person at the reception was devoid of personality. I was told that I had to give 40 minutes notice if I needed my car, even though the car park is said to be only 3 minutes away. What’s that about? Wifi costs, which I consider seriously unacceptable, when you can get it free at Burger King. There was a dead atmosphere about the place. I would never return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic grade II listed Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the very heart of medieval Shrewsbury and just a short stroll from the individual shops and many tourist attractions. Surrounded by narrow cobblestone streets and black and white timbered buildings it provides the perfect base to explore beautiful Shrewsbury. A warm and friendly welcome is always provided to all guests with a glass of sherry on arrival. With the heritage of the hotel dating back to the 12th and 15th century, character and charm abound with sloping floors, exposed Tudor beams and a restored Jacobean staircase. Privately owned for many years by Michael & Diane Matthews, the hotel offers a great choice of dining all with a focus on fresh local produce. The Royalist is ideal for a special occasion with an a la carte menu together with a superb wine list. Chambers brasserie is renowned for its traditional British menu at sensible prices and located at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens of St. Alkmunds square, Camellias Tea Rooms offers an extensive menu selection including traditional afternoon tea served on a three tier cake stand. A charming place to relax to the sound of a grand piano. Valet parking is provided to the hotel's private car park at a cost of £5 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prince Rupert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shrewsbury Hotel Prince Rupert
- Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Hotel Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Prince Rupert Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire