I like coming back to Shrewsbury, like the medieval atmosphere you can breathe everywhere you go. And now I know where I will stay every time I go back there.
The hotel has only recently been fully renovated but luckily it hasn't become yet another Travelodge clone. And it has definitely outclassed the other Shrewsbury hotels I've stayed at, being in the same price range.
Once thing I didn't really like was the noise - my room was located on the street side and the thin windows weren't enough. Make sure you ask for yard side room if you want a quiet night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following major renovations in 2010, the Lion + Pheasant has re-opened as Shrewsbury's most stylish townhouse hotel, bar and restaurant. A unique combination of timeless elegance and contemporary design makes this AA three-star historic inn the perfect destination for an evening out or a longer stay - whether to unwind after a day of busy meetings, or to while away a relaxing weekend in Shropshire's most beautiful county town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lion + Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury
- Lion And Pheasant Shrewsbury
- Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire