We stayed at the Lion & Pheasant for 2 nights in July, the hotel is newly renovated and very tastefully decorated. There are tea and coffee facilities in the room, with little homemade biscuits, nice toiletries, slippers (which you need for the sisal carpets). The rooms are light and airy. The beds are comfortable, huge fluffy towels, our bathroom was a little cosy but served the purpose. If you have a front facing room you will need earplugs because of road noise. The hotel has lots of stairs and no lift, and the staff were not forthcoming in offering help with luggage, so unless you are fit and travel light, room access could be difficult. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and we would go back to spend more time in Shrewsbury, and to try more of the delicious food and tempting cocktails served in the bar and restaurant at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following major renovations in 2010, the Lion + Pheasant has re-opened as Shrewsbury's most stylish townhouse hotel, bar and restaurant. A unique combination of timeless elegance and contemporary design makes this AA three-star historic inn the perfect destination for an evening out or a longer stay - whether to unwind after a day of busy meetings, or to while away a relaxing weekend in Shropshire's most beautiful county town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lion + Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury
- Lion And Pheasant Shrewsbury
- Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire