Booked 'Cosy' room through Mr & Mrs Smith.
Excellent decor, very very comfy bed, bathroom/room facilities a high standard.
Couple of niggles:
- Room 12 has a lovely original fireplace which is blocked with a thin piece of MDF. I only know this because at 6.30am I was woken by the sound of raindrops hitting the MDF from a height…easily fixable mind.
- It was a hot weekend when we travelled, and the room was very warm even with both windows wide open. Hotel clearly aware of this as there is a fan in the room which we had to have on all night, but if you struggle to sleep in the heat, avoid Room 12.
Breakfast was excellent and can't fault the staff for their friendly nature.
Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following major renovations in 2010, the Lion + Pheasant has re-opened as Shrewsbury's most stylish townhouse hotel, bar and restaurant. A unique combination of timeless elegance and contemporary design makes this AA three-star historic inn the perfect destination for an evening out or a longer stay - whether to unwind after a day of busy meetings, or to while away a relaxing weekend in Shropshire's most beautiful county town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lion + Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury
- Lion And Pheasant Shrewsbury
- Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire