We had a nice meal with two friends here on a Saturday evening. The food was very nice although we felt that the menu was limited, with no specials available: a vegetarian menu with a wider variety of choices was available but only on request. The portion sizes were adequate and left us feeling comfortably full. The only thing that let the evening down was the table! On two "sides" of the circular table there was a very inconveniently positioned bar which left me sitting much further away from the table than was comfortable, my knees knocked against it all evening. This really did make the meal an uncomfortable experience. The diameter of the table was also very large and as such we found ourselves shouting to each other, as did everyone else - which made for a very noisy atmosphere. The service was very good, we were not left waiting for our food for long at all. Room was very pleasantly decorated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Following major renovations in 2010, the Lion + Pheasant has re-opened as Shrewsbury's most stylish townhouse hotel, bar and restaurant. A unique combination of timeless elegance and contemporary design makes this AA three-star historic inn the perfect destination for an evening out or a longer stay - whether to unwind after a day of busy meetings, or to while away a relaxing weekend in Shropshire's most beautiful county town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Lion + Pheasant Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury
- Lion And Pheasant Shrewsbury
- Lion + Pheasant Hotel Shrewsbury, Shropshire