“Fine Friends”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Met with a group of friends just for drinks in this very pleasant hotel/ restaurant. We didn't eat but very much enjoyed being able to sit out in the garden all evening. Reasonably priced good selection at the bar, with good service. Would recommend.

Write a reviewReviews (624)

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Just returned from this amazing little place after having lunch with a friend I have not seen for 25yrs - lovely ambiance amazing food - we both had chicken caesar salad served by delightful waiting staff - the pudding was absolutely awesome - massive compliments to the chef - it was a work of art on a plate Would recommend a visit and will certainly be returning very soon. Thank you

Date of visit: September 2016
ShropshireLad50, Owner at Lion + Pheasant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Many thanks for your review , our chefs are delighted that you enjoyed your lunch with us, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes from the Lion + pheasant team .

Reviewed 4 September 2016

Always very good for Sunday lunch, Waitress Ionelia is particularly helpful. Only tiny grumble is being regular it would be good to see menu varied occasionally although your waitress staff have helped her as well.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 31 August 2016

My wife and regularly visit The Lion and Pheasant for lunch. There are many good restaurants in Shrewsbury, but we originally hit upon the L%P because it is opposite the NCP car park!
Having tried other hotels/restaurant for lunch, , we decided to stay with the L&P - the food is good, but the major difference is Zoe's smile - apart from being super efficient, she has a smile that brightens any body's day. If Zoe leaves, we will go elsewhere!

Thank you Zoe for today's excellent lunch

Graham and Pat Stone

Reviewed 28 August 2016

On a recent visit to the annual Shrewsbury Flower Show I had an exceptional meal at the Lion and Pheasant.
After years of living in France I fearlessly ordered ‘steak tartare’ from the menu. The raw beef was finely chopped with other secret condiments. What I guessed to be marinated beetroot turned out to be kohlrabi (turnip-cabbage) and radish.
Normally I like to mix and season this dish myself however, here I had to trust a chef who was serving me quail egg and charcoal mayonnaise for the first time!
I savoured every delicious bite but was slightly vexed at the chef who had dashed my enjoyment of the basic french steak tartare forever!

Date of visit: August 2016