“"Top Class in every way"”
Review of Draper's Hall

and 1 more site!
Draper's Hall
Ranked #23 of 55 Shrewsbury B&B and Inns
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“"Top Class in every way"”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Cannot be faulted, excellent room, superb Dinner, Unbelievable Breakfast, fantastic service all round.

We had a short business debriefing before dinner in the cocktail bar, what a setting! I stayed in the Walnut Suite, what a room! Food could not be faulted and what a fantastic dining room (Hall)!

All the staff very friendly and attentive this is the 5th time I have come from Italy and I will continue to stay here, I will recommend to anyone I know must visit Shrewsbury and stay at Drapers Hall.

See you soon keep up with the excellent service you provide

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

First of all I had never been to Shrewsbury so I didnt know where to book - I booked this hotel for my boyfriend's birthday. It was lovely - a wee gem of a hotel with only 6 rooms. We had the 'wool suite' which was comfortable, old fashioned in a good way with sheepskin and cowskin rugs and lovely decor. The staff were very helpful, friendly, and couldnt be nicer actually. And lets not forget the breakfast the following morning - the full english was one of the nicest breakfasts we had had at a hotel. The hotel is a boutique hotel and the attention to detail is fab! I would recommend it.

Shrewsbury, England
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third visit to Drapers.

The first time we went was about 5 years ago and the food was reasonable but I remember feeling a little underwhelmed. We didn't go back for a couple of years and when we did we were disappointed (very meat and 2 veg).

We decided it was time to give it another go and I am so glad we did as it was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. My starter was haddock with curried tomatoes. It was lightly spiced, fresh and super tasty. My main was lamb cutlets with asparagus and peas. The lamb was lovely and succulent but if I had one criticism I think the peas were a bit meh. The rhubarb and bourbon trifle was great for me. Not too sweet with a touch of sharpness.

All in a I was very pleased. I don't think we'll be leaving it so long between visits next time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shrewseddy
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Thankyou Nigel for preparing and cooking the most superb five star lunch we have eaten for a long long time.
From starter through main course to the most amazing sweet ever it was superb.
Served by first rate maître and sitting in a Jacobean lounge with a warm fire and super comfy chairs , how wonderful !
By the way,
Nice one Nigel,
Nice one son,
Nice one Nigel , we will back for another one.

Room Tip: Unfortunately can't put a review on bedrooms, as this was my birthday lunch but trust me if meal...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cheshire
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed at this beautiful restaurant with rooms with my partner for my birthday such a gem of a place.Room was good,breakfast and dinner excellent and the host and staff were excellent.Will defiantly return.Arwel&Maureen,criccieth n.wales.

Wirral
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for one night at the beginning of May. We got to the hotel just after 3pm and were able to park outside for 15 minutes for free while we dropped our bags off and checked in. We then parked at the Wyle Cop parking garage which was £7 for 24 hours and was only a couple of minutes away.
The hotel was in a great position and looked lovely. We stayed in the Teal room at the very top of the building which was designed really well. I loved the decor and the feel of the place. The only niggles were that the cups in the room were too small (they were almost espresso cups) and we were woken up hourly by the church bell.
Even though I enjoyed my stay I did feel the price of the room was quite expensive but it was alright for a one off treat.

1 Thank Charlarina23
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just returned from a fabulous weekend at Drapers Hall. Two nights in the very quaint Wool room, clean and amazing decor. Staff all friendly and helpful especially Sharon and our waitress (enjoy Napa!) Nothing was too much trouble, they went the extra mile to make sure I was happy with breakfast (and I was!!) Highly recommended. We were sorry to leave!xx

• Stayed May 2014