“Excellent views of Shrewsbury”
Review of Sabrina Boat Trips

Sabrina Boat Trips
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Shrewsbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Sabrina is a triple deck passenger boat. She holds 60 passengers in comfort whilst gently sailing around the beautiful and picturesque River Severn loop in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. Fully licensed, well stocked bar with quality afternoon teas available (book in advance). Live, entertaining commentary about the 1000 years of Shrewsbury history. Wheelchair access, dogs allowed, groups encouraged. Our season starts 1st March till 31st October.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Stockport, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Excellent views of Shrewsbury”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Really good way to spend 45 minutes...we bought our tickets on line at a reduced price and had a table reserved for us on arrival....drinks reasonably priced and a good choice...very informative commentary from the captain, we really enjoyed it..would do it again

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Disappointing ghost cruise”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I live in Shrewsbury and went on the Sabrina Cruise for the first time yesterday evening.I fully appreciate its attraction to tourists, I would recommend it to everyone visiting the town and residents who would like to see Shrewsbury from a different perspective. My disappointment was the quality of the ghost cruise. I've since found out that the cost of this particular cruise is the same as a daytime trip, therefore had I known this before my expectations would have been slightly less, however having heard such great things about Sabrina, I was really looking forward to hearing some spooky stories! My main issue was slightly out of the businesses control - most people appeared to be on the cruise for a good old chat, there was even a hen party, meaning that you could not hear any of the ghost stories that were being told. I felt particularly sorry for a young child and her mum who would not have heard a thing, based on the rowdy people sat around them. I suppose what is frustrating is that I can see some real potential for a really great trip, a better introduction to the cruise would have helped to quieten people (I wasn't even aware the stories had started), some spooky theming on the boat and some general atmosphere created - I don't even think customers would mind paying slightly more for a heightened experience.

Visited August 2014
Dilwyn J, Front Office Manager at Sabrina Boat Trips, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your comments, firstly please let me apologise for your experience on board The Sabrina Ghost cruise, as mentioned this was a particularly busy trip and we will ensure in the future to explain the atmosphere of our ghost cruises. I will be addressing these matters immediately to ensure all of our guests have a pleasant journey on board Sabrina in the future. We would really appreciate it if you could contact us to so we can offer you and your family a complimentary trip on any of our 45 minute cruises, we will of course be reserving you seats on our top deck with refreshments.
Bury, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Well worth a trip!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nice relaxing cruise on the Severn, we purchase our tickets from the tourist information centre in Shrewsbury and cost £6.75 per adult from there. The information from the captain of the boat was very interesting and drinks are served onboard for a reasonable price. We were very fortunate to be there when the flower show was on with lovely weather as an added bonus and was also treated to a fly past by the red arrows. The cruise was approx 45 minutes and was well worth it.

Robina, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Bang for your buck! Or ... er pound”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A nice forty minute ride around the Severn between Welsh and English bridges covering most of the town from the viewpoint of the river.

At 7.50 per adult, you can't really go wrong. They serve drinks during the day, and have various other special cruises at other times (like their ghost cruise).

Good commentary from the captain will entertain you on the return ride as he tells you about some of the things you can see from the boat and about Shrewsbury.

1 Thank Kruft
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Relaxing trip”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A good way to see some of Shrewsbury and gain some local knowledge from the commentary. Very relaxing and quiet. A good tip is to buy tickets at the tourist information in the town to save some money. Drinks and snacks are served on board but are quite expensive. It takes about an hour in total with about 45 minutes on the water. Lovely way to spend an hour.

1 Thank DeeBy132