“Excellent Food And Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cantina Cafe
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food And Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

The food was very good and very generous portions. You would struggle to manage three courses the portions are so large. The Mexican food was very tasty, I would definitely visit again. What stood out was the service, our waiter was very attentive and friendly, in genuine way.

Visited May 2014

“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I travel solo quite a bit and stumbled across this restaurant and was drawn in by the smell. I sat in the kitchen area and enjoyed watching the cook/owner work his magic. Had a good conversation with him as well. The spicy chicken was great followed by a brownie with bourbon vanilla ice cream. Overall I would say it has been one of my better dining experiences on my 5 week trip in the UK. I definitely recommend them!

1 Thank Eric K
“Excellent experience and food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Lovely evening, very tasty meals and cooked so well. Great to see how they cook the meals too! I really recommend it! I prefer bar seats, much better atmosphere!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank nelliewellie
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Huge portions of good food and good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Nice experience. We arrived without reservation early on a Friday evening guessing they might get busy - they sat us, asking could be done within a couple of hours? No problem. The young men serving were warm and friendly. The menu held no surprises but lots of choice and starters of nachos, and of chicken wings were huge. The Louisiana wings were advertised as hot, but they had a hotter version - and sticking with the Louisiana variety was a good choice - some good kick but very tasty. Burgers and fajitas was always going to be stretch after the size of the starters but were too good to not conquer - and the pinot grigio went down very easily too. Good value - would return and certainly would confidently recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Guaranteed never to leave hungry!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I eat here with friends or my husband probably every few weeks or so, the food is consistently good and amazing portions! If there's a few us we try to book at the bar, cracking atmosphere and the guys cooking are always a laugh. Normally go for a burrito as it's all I can manage, so big! Sometimes have room for churros afterwards (Spanish doughnuts) We recently discovered the cocktails here too, possibly one of the best mojitos I've had in town, so certainly recommend trying them! I look forward to out next visit :)