“Beautiful Grounds and House”
Review of Attingham Park

Attingham Park
Ranked #4 of 82 things to do in Shrewsbury
More attraction details
Owner description: This 18th-century home contains one of the most complete surviving collections of Regency style.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This was a fantastic visit to a beautifully kept house. The grounds are expansive and on the day I visited the Bluebells and buttercups were out. I had a tour guide on my visit and I would recommend it. My guide was dressed in costume and used appropriate humour to keep me entertained. He had a vast knowledge of the home. This site is currently under refurbishment and that did not spoil a good visit. Take ones time on comparing the different rooms and absorb the wealth and grandeur of a bygone era. I did find the refreshments a little expensive and the coffee was not as hot as I would like.

There are newer reviews for Attingham Park

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a guided tour of the mansion which is undergoing a lot of renovation. The guide was very informative but too dramatic in his presentation. I have been round far more impressive houses. The park was quite pleasing and appeared well used by locals. The wall garden left much to be desired and was being used mainly for the growth of vegetables. The mansion tearoom did serve some decent food and made a good cup of tea. Not a place I will visit again.

1  Thank oapcameraman
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I visited Attingham Park again after a three year gap and were once again impressed that the NT are bringing it back to pre the 1950's.There is a lot of renovation and work going on (especially the roof) but it does not affect your visit.
The park and gardens are an enjoyable walk.
Although being NT members and wishing to support it I would suggest that if you would prefer a slightly better meal then we always go to the Mytton and Mermaid (the food is excellent) facing the front entrance to Attingham and would also suggest booking a table (01743 761220) at lunch time as it gets very busy.

Entrance prices to Attingham for non members....Adult £11.90 (£5.90 Park and Garden only)...Child £5.50 (£2.95 Park and garden)....Family £27.70 (£14.95 Park and Garden)

1  Thank busterSolihull
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Seemed rather pricey for what it is
The food was bland and soo expensive
The views were lovely though but one visit is enough

Reviewed 24 June 2014

National Trust property undergoing substantial renovation, which you are frequently reminded of. The house was not at its best, (August 2013), so hopefully things have improved by now. The gardens and grounds also seemed to be in a state of repair, but the tea room was excellent..

Probably just a bad day to visit!