“Still the Best Breakfast Ever”
Review of Number Four

Number Four
Ranked #11 of 380 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual and fresh
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

If I could only have one meal in a day it would be breakfast at Number Four. Friendly warm welcome and the produce is the very best quality - gosh the colour of those amazing eggs! Beautifully cooked English breakfast definitely the Best of British breakfasts yummy.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I am a regular visitor to Shrewsbury and decided to try this restaurant for lunch as the sun was shining and there was a vacant table outside.
The staff that served us were friendly but the food was a different matter.
We both had the Croque Monsieur with a green side salad. The croque was not very cheesy and the green salad consisted mainly of large, crudely cut pieces of cucumber and rocket that was past its best. Seeing what people on other tables ordered I am glad I didnt order that either. On the next table to us someone had the pork salad and the amount of fat they cut off and left on the plate was tremendous.
Another thing that I thought was bad was that the pepper and salt were served in small open dishes. If you had wanted to use it you would have had to use your fingers as no spoons were provided with the pots. This might be acceptable at home where you are with your family but not in a public restaurant.

4  Thank MIMCheshire
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great place to eat, quality food, happy staff, service with a smile. There's a continental, holiday feel to the style of decor,food and delivery. After eating my main; croque-madame, I couldn't manage dessert :-( which was a shame! My husband ate goats cheese salad and also managed dessert, the amazing giant meringue with cream and mixed berries. Next time, I plan visiting for just dessert!!! I stole a couple of spoonful's and OMG, gorgeous, delicious and well worth the calories! You see,I have a private rule, naughty calories such as dessert have to be stupendous otherwise they are just not worth the price we pay ("a moment on the lips,a lifetime on the hips"). Anyway the giant meringue is STUPENDOUS! And is most definitely worth extra curves! Or a workout :-))

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is our favourite restaurant in Shrewsbury. It's busy, bustling and fun. The food is excellent and it is served by happy, jolly staff. It's good value too!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went with my boyfriend had quick and friendly service. Delighted with portion size, really enjoyed me belly of pork. Recommend the garlic mayo and chips (to die for!). Although there was a limited desert menu my favourite Eton mess alternative the "big meringue" was the yummiest.