“Fantastic time”
Review of Hawks on Walks

Hawks on Walks
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My visit to Hawks with walks yesterday was a fabulous experience. Mark who was the Falconer was very knowledgable about the Battlefield area and the birds. It was on a 1 to 1 basis which we went by Land rover into the near by woods, with one of the Harris hawks.Later Mark gave me a tour around the birds inside the aviary. I would recommend this to anyone who has an interest.Well worth it. would visit again

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I was given a voucher for my hawk walk as a birthday gift. From the time I booked the walk on the phone untill the end of the walk I found all the staff to be very professional and knowledgeable. Mark is a really nice chap and you can tell he has a passion for what he does. We started by having a look around the center at all the birds, then we hopped in marks land rover to be taken to an area of woodland were the walk was to take place. On the way Mark answered all the questions I had about the estate and how it was run. The walk itself was great. We walked through the woodland as the hawk flew around us (very close sometimes) I was wearing a gauntlet that Mark placed meat into for the hawk to land on my hand. This was a great experience and something I will definitely do again.

2  Thank b w
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I brought a hawk walk for my husband for his birthday. We both really enjoyed it. Staff we're fantastic, really interesting and knowledgable. I would highly reccomend a visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our visit was booked as a special birthday present and was certainty a most memorable event. The walk was extremely well organised and everyone had a chance to experience the hawk flying on to their gloved arm and taking food before he swooped away again. All the members of staff are very knowledgeable and obviously love working with these amazing birds. The centre also has some spectacular owls to see. A good idea to wear your wellington boots and don't forget your camera. On the site is also an excellent restaurant and farm shop too.
This made a very interesting, informative and fun day out which we cannot recommend highly enough.

1  Thank Wendy A
Reviewed 22 April 2014

not to be missed. really good experience. staff are very helpful and take time out to give you a great day out. all included for the price was the walk in the wood area with the hawk also a talk in the classroom. you can alsi view all the other birds and owls.