“What a refreshing change to find a real country pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Windmill

The Windmill
Ranked #30 of 347 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“What a refreshing change to find a real country pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

My partner and I stopped off for a Sunday lunch on our way to the welsh coast. It was a good sign the carpark was full and we struggled to find a parking space and very soon were to find out why. This quaint old country pub was buzzing with atmosphere. After a small wait a gentlemen showed us to a small table by the fire place. We ordered two roast beef dinners, when it arrived we were amazed at th plate of meat, roasties, and gravy in front of us, the best was yet to come! The plate of vegetables I counted nine selections of different fresh veg, I've never had so much choice. I can defiantly see why this little pub was packed. We both were way too full for desserts even though seeing them as others went past was tempting.
What a great experience, will defiantly be popping in on our next journey to the coast .

1 Thank Sas1987

London, United Kingdom
“Poor value, place needs updating .....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stopped on the way back home. Location is convinient as it was on the main road. Food was overpriced. I ordered pate for my starter which is okish and it came with salad which had seen better days. However my partner ordered tomato soup which he liked ( was very thick I though) and the bread that came with it seems to have been heated up twice ( as it was very crunchy). Had sea bass (12.95) for main course which was cooked in a bag and it was very bland and the fish tasted off which I didn't eat - the vegetables that came with it was the saddest veg I've ever seen ( as if it's came from someones leftover not to mention they were rather cold) again left most of it. However, my partners steak was ok apart from a bit of gristle. I left feeling hungry and felt robbed. Also all the time we were seated flies were flying around. The place needs a serious lick of paint. Also please don't make your customer go to the other room to read the specials!! Had we know that there is a lovely restaurant half a mile further up on the left, we would definitely would not have gone to The Windmill.

• Visited August 2011