Open today: 10:00 - 13:00
Review Highlights
Excellent, entertaining and knowledgable

My son was bought this as a gift. I went along with him and we both had a great time. From Flying a... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Iain T
Absolutely wonderful!

We had an amazing time! I bought the experience for my girlfriend's birthday and Mark really went... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
x_PubdoG_x
via mobile

All reviews hawk walk harris hawk birds of prey beautiful birds barn owl bird handling wonderful morning an incredible experience gloved hand hour experience birthday present farm shop would highly recommend a visit hour walk two hours any age well worth a visit
Reviewed 14 February 2017

I went along here to take photographs of the Owls in particular,for a creative project I'm embarking on. The weather was freezing so we had the keeper to ourselves and under the circumstances he was very generous with his time, sharing his knowledge. It is splendid to get up so close to these adorable birds. We saw fine specimen's of Owls from every Continent: European eagle owl, vermiculited African eagle owl, S.American Chaco owl, Asian Brown wood owl, Australian Boobook owl and these are just a handful of the examples on show. Obviously we also saw Hawks, but my attention was with the owls. It goes without saying that we also saw natives to the U.K. Namely the Tawny owl and the Barn owl. If you love birds, I recommend you make a visit, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Just had the most wonderful morning with Mark and Rob. I booked the 2 hr experience which consisted of 1 hour hawk walk and 1 hour informative chat and handle.

It was truly wonderful. Mark is an incredibly knowledgable and friendly man and the love he has for his birds shows through. It was just me on the walk and I got to have Bud the Harris hawk fly to my hand lots of times and Mark even took a photo for me :D not forgetting the lovely dogs too! Especially Ruby!

The chat and hold with rob was equally interesting. Rib was full of facts and info about the birds and told me all about the evolutionary features of each owl. Fizz the barn owl and Boris the eagle owl were beautiful! There was another one who was so funny and I feel awful cause I've forgotten his name! He nibbled your finger he was so cute!

200% worth the £80 and experience I won't forget for a long time!

I will 100% be back when I'm next in Shropshire and I'm going to bring friends next time!

Thank you Mark and Rob!

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Mark has such phenomenal knowledge of his birds and it was such a great experience learning from him. He brought the owls out for our group of four adult and one toddler - even brought out the biscuit tin for the toddler - and we all found it fascinating.

I'm already planning when me and some friends are going to do the Hawk Walk because that's bound to be an even better experience where Mark is involved.

What was actually just going to be a pitstop on a long journey was actually a really great memory that will stay with us. Couldn't thank Battlefield Falconry enough!

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Mark's Battlefield Falconry Centre is a must-see if you find yourself in the area. We visited after reaching the great reviews and weren't disappointed. Mark cares for over 50 birds of prey, including hawks, falcons, owls, parrots, a tarantula, a snake and 3 very funny dogs (including a pomeranian who hasn't been told he's not a lion). He treats these animals as though they are his children, heat lamps in their enclosures on cold nights, feeds them well and knows the distinct personality of each bird. And of course, they know him as well. Living in a big city, a hawk-walk experience is something I would have never thought to do. However, it was a surreal experience going for a long walk through beautiful woods with a large, intelligent hawk following us like a loyal puppy. I strongly recommend a day trip here for families with children, couples, adults, or any nature lovers out there. This is truly a nature lovers dream come true.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

We took my grandchildren to view the birds.We bought our tickets, but were informed that the Falconer was not available as he had gone to talk to a school. Some of the birds had gone with him! It only took 20 minutes to look at the birds & take photographs. There were some huge & beautiful white owls. Their dinners of baby chicks was evident! I just felt that the birds would be happier in their natural habitat.