“Below average food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I have been here 3 times and each time it was to give them another chance but each time food has been very poor and service not of a standard other Indian restaurants achieve.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

A large group of us visited for a birthday party mid week. As always the staff were friendly and great service. Food very tasty and great choice, only real down side is portions not huge, so accompaniments really can't be shared making the meal a little expensive. Will definitely use again, but at around £20 per head, little expensive as a regular curry haunt.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We went for lunch on a dreaded shopping trip. The location is just off one of the main streets and is quite ordinary inside, and the poppadums to start and wine were fairly plain, but my chicken tikka starter with all the fried onions we perfect, succulent and tasty, and then the mains arrived !

Possibly the richest and most flavoursome curry I've ever had, sauce clinging to the chicken, peppers and onions, every mouthful exploding with flavour. I had jal frezie, this and the chilli masala which my wife had were the only two dishes marked as "madras" compared with mild and medium. It wasn't too "spicy hot" but so full of flavour and roasted garlic even I didn't need it to be any hotter. And they made a paneer main course for my wife even though it wasn't on the menu.

I couldn't eat anything else all day, I could still taste the curry, so in a way, great value too. We can't wait to go back though. And they do lunch ! Overall though, the flavour would be hard to beat, anywhere!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Myself & friends have always found the meals & service in this establishment to be first class! The menu is extentive & the meals delicious! The staff are very warm, friendly & are always oblighing! There is also a first rate buffet most days. The best in Shrewsbury!

1  Thank john p
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Ok. As we entered at 13.40 for a restaurant closing at 2pm for lunch the staff clearly hated this and first thing to be told was next time come at 1 pm. Great service. My friends had to get a train so they ate but I decided not to eat here again ! The choice is yours. Food is good but the rest not too sure